Need help removing radio for XM hookup in '04 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help removing radio for XM hookup in '04 GC

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
boyandhisjeep

Need help removing radio for XM hookup in '04 GC

I currently have a Delphi XM radio unit and i have read that if you have 'cd changer controls' on your factory radio you can directly input XM radio or (anything else) via that connection. my question is, can anyone confirm this?
and how would i go about removing my stereo so i can reach the inputs?
below is the link for the wire i believe i need for this project.
thanks for any input!

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piechry02aux.html

boyandhisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2003, 01:43 PM   #2
oH2o

That adaptor is designed to plug in to the 10-pin CD changer connector on the back of the radio. If you have the CD changer unit installed you cannot use this cable (there is a different one for that application). See this link for info on removing the radio: http://www.wjjeeps.com/audio.htm
oH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #3
boyandhisjeep

yeah, i don't have the optional cd changer, just the controls built into the radio..so i was thinking it should work..
boyandhisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.