Need help identifing side mirror - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help identifing side mirror

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Need help identifing side mirror

Trying to get a replacement driverside mirror on my Limited. I am getting confused though. The glass cracked on my mirrror and now I have the cool blue/black oil spill look behind the glass. This lead me to believe that I have the self dimming mirrors (has been cracked since I bought the Jeep so never dimmed). However in my reseach on WJJEEPS.com it says that it should have "GTNX" etched on the front bottom which mine does not have. So this is where I get confused. Do I have self dimming or not? Oil spill makes me thing yes, missing etching makes me think no? So here is my question, if I buy a self dimming replacement will it work (mainly the heating element portion) just not dim? Or is the wiring there it is just the mirror that is different?

Unread 07-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
pdpunome

2000 WJ 

you do have auto dim. the part number in the bottom middle is extremely tiny and hard to see. I have parted out many jgc and sold 5 of these, there is even aftermarket ones that actually say auto dim for the 02-04 models.

I may have one laying around still if you are interested I will dig it out and test it.
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
pdpunome

2000 WJ 

just looked and do have one.
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Price shipped to 92021?
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
pdpunome

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke View Post
Price shipped to 92021?
PM sent

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.