Need help from HO owner, air intake swap. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help from HO owner, air intake swap.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thi50" SINGLE ROW PANDEMIC LED Light bar FEATURES 4D Opt

Unread Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #1
Deviant6185
2000 WJ 

Need help from HO owner, air intake swap.

Ok so I swapped out the air intake manifold from a HO engine to my 2000 WJ I'm having one issue how do I connect this vacuum line I'm having rough idle and loss of cruise control I'm not sure if either has to do with this but I would like to check it off the possibilities list, picture attached it's the rear most vacuum line, on the top of the air intake manifold picture is attached how does this line attach? If possible pictures would be nice

14356128060901001231621_1435612904406.jpg  
Deviant6185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #2
Jeeples
The Original 4DR Wrangler

2000 WJ 

You need to tee it in to one of the other vacuum connections on the manifold. The older 4.7 manifolds had three vacuum ports, and the newer ones have only two, as you've found out. You can see the boss for the third connection straight ahead of your disconnected line. You can pull the manifold, drill the boss out, and thread in a barbed fitting as well.

And yes, the vacuum leak is related to your rough idle and lack of cruise control.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs, Bilstein Shocks, JKS TB w/KOR Bushings, Rusty's A-Arm Spacer, CORE4x4 Adjustable Front Control Arms, Dynomax Exhaust, RB1 Nav -Coming Soon- Overland Rock Rails
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #3
Deviant6185
2000 WJ 

Oh ok so that last on isn't actually a hole it doesn't go all l the way through? As I've had a plastic air line kind of forcefully stuck in there but if that doesn't go all the way through then it was quite pointless... Than I guess I'll t into the one just forward of the line then...
Unread Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #4
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant6185 View Post
Oh ok so that last on isn't actually a hole it doesn't go all l the way through? As I've had a plastic air line kind of forcefully stuck in there but if that doesn't go all the way through then it was quite pointless... Than I guess I'll t into the one just forward of the line then...
Yep.

Most folks just tee in to one of the other lines.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs, Bilstein Shocks, JKS TB w/KOR Bushings, Rusty's A-Arm Spacer, CORE4x4 Adjustable Front Control Arms, Dynomax Exhaust, RB1 Nav -Coming Soon- Overland Rock Rails
Unread Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #5
Deviant6185
2000 WJ 

Alright thanks for the info it's much appreciated.
Unread Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #6
Phatbudde
2000 WJ 

Jeeples
You state older engines have 3 vs. the 2 in newer ones. What year did this change? This is a pic of a 2002 HO (?) engine in my 2000, As you see it has 3....Just curious.
20150629_173229_resized_1.jpg  
Phatbudde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #7
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatbudde View Post
Jeeples
You state older engines have 3 vs. the 2 in newer ones. What year did this change? This is a pic of a 2002 HO (?) engine in my 2000, As you see it has 3....Just curious.
I believe the change happened beginning in '03, at that time both the HO and non-HO shared the same intake manifold (including the '04 MY as well).

Of the three different WJ 4.7 intake manifolds, the '02 HO is supposed to have the highest flow rate, with the '03-'04 shared manifold falling right below it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.