Need help diagnosing this I don't no how to explain but I will try...please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help diagnosing this I don't no how to explain but I will try...please help

The Boss is away but Erin is here to STAY with a F.Y.S. SaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #1
siego99344

Need help diagnosing this I don't no how to explain but I will try...please help

Hello I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee Laredo v6. I will be driving down the road and out of no where it would yank hard then drive normal it doesn't do it all the time just at random times and the speed don't matter how fast I am going rather it be 15 mph to 75 mph it will do it. Sometimes it won't do it at all sometimes it will. I don't no where to start looking. It's like a hard yank clunk sort of sound please help...

Thanks

siego99344 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

INLINE SIX.....INLINE SIX. HOW DIFFICULT CAN IT BE?...THEY DON'T MAKE A V6 WJ! SOMEONE SAYS V6 EVERYDAY.Rant over!

....Oh and welcome to the forum! Haa haa!

Do you mean the car physically pulls hard to one side or suddenly accelerates or is it "just" a sound? Have you checked for codes?

Sent from my SM-T310 using JeepForum
Unread Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #3
siego99344

Yea sorry about that inline 6 hahhaa and thank you for welcoming me. The only code I get is p0456 which I believe is an evp leak. That shouldn't mess with it that bad I don't think... And no it don't pull to one side it's more of a yank and like it wants to sudden stop but it don't keeps going sounds like it's coming straight from under driver or passenger seat
siego99344 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #4
Captain76
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by siego99344 View Post
Hello I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee Laredo v6. I will be driving down the road and out of no where it would yank hard then drive normal it doesn't do it all the time just at random times and the speed don't matter how fast I am going rather it be 15 mph to 75 mph it will do it. Sometimes it won't do it at all sometimes it will. I don't no where to start looking. It's like a hard yank clunk sort of sound please help...

Thanks
is it pulling in the same direction every time? if so your caliper might be seizing up on you. is it the original calipers and how many miles? might be time for new rotors and calipers?

.(o)_)●)_).(o)_)▪▪●▪)_)
Captain76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.