Need help, advice on a Vacuum leak. (photo inside) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help, advice on a Vacuum leak. (photo inside)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
lacofdfireman

Need help, advice on a Vacuum leak. (photo inside)

So I noticed some hissing noise tonight around the rear drivers side wheel and crawled underneath and noticed this... You can see the rubber vacuum line is split.. And it's to short to cut and pull onto the Brass vacuum line.

Is it possible to just cut this and put and inline spice into it or am I going to have to redo the entire line which will most likely mean taking off the rear bumper? I'm hoping I can just add an inline connector something like these on the left. Will this work?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gmtBI43LeFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
MadderThanMax

Yep! It would work with jubilee clips...but it would prey on your mind for ever more, so do it the correct way and renew the hose
MadderThanMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

+1. Agree. That rubber looks dry rotted. Rubber hose is cheap. Replace it all and be done with the repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax View Post
Yep! It would work with jubilee clips...but it would prey on your mind for ever more, so do it the correct way and renew the hose
doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
hvadreamn

2004 WJ 

+2. It is really worth spending the time to replace all of those lines. If one is split that means the rest either are already split or starting to.
hvadreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
lacofdfireman

Well after I changed out and fixed the hose I now have a Check Engine light that shows an Evaporative Emissions control leak. I didn't notice this light while the leak was happening just after I fixed it. Did I not do something right or is this not even related to what I fixed?
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
MadderThanMax

Return it to leak as before Simples
MadderThanMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax View Post
Return it to leak as before Simples
doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.