My WJ OBA II - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My WJ OBA II

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Wj My WJ OBA II

Installed a Kilby Air Boss OBA system in the WJ Saturday. Took about 4 hours. Was a pretty straight forward install. Had to bend the ac line up and turn the radiator hose around to clear the top of the york ac. Got a little more work routing wires and tying up the air line to the back. Otherwise very happy with it.

I won the kit in a drawing I guess I entered a few months back. Forgot all about it until I got an email saying I won 2nd in the drawing. Thought I would sell it first but decided to see if it would fit in the WJ and it did.

So now I'm running the Kilby with the elec compressor back up. I mounted the Kilby tank in the spare tire well with the other OBA. Hooked both tanks together with a air line. Put a hose connector up on the brush guard for easy access. The Kilby is set for on=120 off=150 and the elec is set on=100 off=130. Fills the 5.5-6 gallon tank (2 combined) in about a minute to a minute and a half.

An added bonus is the diesel air horns vibrate the jeep with a 150psi pushing through them.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Wow that is pretty sweet! Nice install too! So the compressor runs directly off the motor? That's sick!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Wow that is pretty sweet! Nice install too! So the compressor runs directly off the motor? That's sick!
Yeah. We went back and forth in emails and they ended up sending me a kit for 99 and up wrangler with 4.0 and ac. The bracket replaced the stock alt bracket and bolted right up to the block. The alt bolted to the bottom of the bracket and the york to the top. Kit came w/everything including a new serp belt. When its goes on the Idle doesnt move at all. No noticeable drag on the engine.
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Yeah. We went back and forth in emails and they ended up sending me a kit for 99 and up wrangler with 4.0 and ac. The bracket replaced the stock alt bracket and bolted right up to the block. The alt bolted to the bottom of the bracket and the york to the top. Kit came w/everything including a new serp belt. When its goes on the Idle doesnt move at all. No noticeable drag on the engine.
When I went on there site, i did not see anything for a WJ so I was wondering what kit you got.

Is there an electric compressor and an engine driven compressor?

Meaning when the compressor turns on when the Jeep is idling it does seem to put much stress on the idle?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
When I went on there site, i did not see anything for a WJ so I was wondering what kit you got.

Is there an electric compressor and an engine driven compressor?

Meaning when the compressor turns on when the Jeep is idling it does seem to put much stress on the idle?
This kit is only the belt driven york. My other OBA that I have had on the jeep for several years now is 2 elec air compressors and a 4.5 Gal tank. The elec doesnt come on unless the york is over taxed. the york is supposed to put out around 4.5 cfm at idle. Should be plenty to keep the tanks full during tire inflating.

Unread 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh alright that is sweet! You now have both systems or just the new one?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Oh alright that is sweet! You now have both systems or just the new one?
Both right now. No need to rip the other one out yet.
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Both right now. No need to rip the other one out yet.
If you rip it out, you can send it to me!

Nice work!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Dang that's a lot of hardware and space dedicated to two OBA systems. Looks like a pair of MV50s on your electric setup?
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Not worried about that Radiator hose? lookin pretty pinched

Anyway to cut it put some stainless or blackiron pipe where that bends? to keep it from flatting out.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

how much the run without winning them in a drawing?
i see they are doing a special this month to take $200 off. so they must run alot of money if they willing to take $200 off the top!
r_kelly252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Dang that's a lot of hardware and space dedicated to two OBA systems. Looks like a pair of MV50s on your electric setup?
Yeah, but I dont use the wheel well anyways since I cant fit the spare in their and its a PITA to get to gear if I put it in the well and fill the cargo area up. I'll probably get rid of the elec air but no hurry right now. Yeas 2 mv50s. They work good with 4 Gal tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Not worried about that Radiator hose? lookin pretty pinched

Anyway to cut it put some stainless or blackiron pipe where that bends? to keep it from flatting out.
There is a good 1/2" clearance back and bottom for the rad hose, but i'll put a shield on the back where it comes close to york.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kelly252 View Post
how much the run without winning them in a drawing?
i see they are doing a special this month to take $200 off. so they must run alot of money if they willing to take $200 off the top!
Last I looked they were like 1500. I was gunna sell it for 1k but decided to see if I could get it to work. I can always remove it and sell it if I want.
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #13
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Last I looked they were like 1500.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.