My new Treadwrights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My new Treadwrights

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Here we go. Another Treadwright debate. These aren't your grandfather's retreads. If you haven't personally used them on your WJ, don't chime in based on your speculation. They are a legit company with a legit product.

Unread 04-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
Here we go. Another Treadwright debate. These aren't your grandfather's retreads. If you haven't personally used them on your WJ, don't chime in based on your speculation. They are a legit company with a legit product.
Agreed. No more messy Treadwright arguments.
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
jpat30

I just visited their site and the prices are outstanding. 1 question though for those of you who have or currently run them. Do they offer a "road hazard" and if so, how does it work. Would I have to dismount the tire and send it back on my dime...? I am about to replace my BFG Mud Terrains with an AT and would be thrilled to save some cash with these.
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpat30 View Post
I just visited their site and the prices are outstanding. 1 question though for those of you who have or currently run them. Do they offer a "road hazard" and if so, how does it work. Would I have to dismount the tire and send it back on my dime...? I am about to replace my BFG Mud Terrains with an AT and would be thrilled to save some cash with these.
I had the AT's on my XJ and they are identical to the BFG AT's, even on a BFG carcass (not guaranteed, but got lucky I guess). You should call them about the road hazard warranty. They are nice folks and answer the phone quickly.
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
meangreen75457
1999 WJ 

Ive run several sets on my WJ and never had an issue. They're fine for trail rigs and daily drivers and actually have a lower fail rate than brand new tires
meangreen75457 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen75457
Ive run several sets on my WJ and never had an issue. They're fine for trail rigs and daily drivers and actually have a lower fail rate than brand new tires
Lower fail rate because lower numbers on the highway. I've ran tread wright tires before by accident, I bought used tires that turned out to be tread wrights. Terrible, terrible tires for on road, great for offroad; you can try and spin it any way you want but nothing you can say or any amount of "technology" used in bonding the new cap to a used carcass will change the fact that it's a used carcass.

Every time you buy a retread you take a risk because you don't know how old that tire carcass is before you buy it or how many heat cycles it's been through or any of it's history. Why do you want to take that gamble on your Jeep? What is the only component on your vehicle that contacts the ground and keeps you in control?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
029s
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Lower fail rate because lower numbers on the highway. I've ran tread wright tires before by accident, I bought used tires that turned out to be tread wrights. Terrible, terrible tires for on road, great for offroad; you can try and spin it any way you want but nothing you can say or any amount of "technology" used in bonding the new cap to a used carcass will change the fact that it's a used carcass.

Every time you buy a retread you take a risk because you don't know how old that tire carcass is before you buy it or how many heat cycles it's been through or any of it's history. Why do you want to take that gamble on your Jeep? What is the only component on your vehicle that contacts the ground and keeps you in control?
I would like to know what made them "terrible"? Some facts would be helpful to all reading this. I trust retreads hauling 34000 pounds, I think these will be ok on my jeep but time will tell.
029s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Pretty sure that there has to be some sort of testing that treadwright does to make sure the carcass is fit for use. I doubt they just pick some out of a pile and throw them together..

Im also sure that a company that has been around for 32 years is doing something right, not killing everyone it sells tires too This place is paranoid.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
meangreen75457
1999 WJ 

Exactly, and taking into consideration the the majority of tires run by 18 wheelers all over the country run re-treds i think they're fine
meangreen75457 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen75457
Exactly, and taking into consideration the the majority of tires run by 18 wheelers all over the country run re-treds i think they're fine
And they don't run them on steer axles...
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
PLAN D

I was looking at getting a set last week, only reason i didn't was the weight. A 285/75-16 D load Guard Dog B2B weight in at 69#, way to heavy of a tire for my use.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
029s
2004 WJ 

On their site they tell about their inspection process. Some are concerned about the age of the tire, tires are dated. So your not going to get some 20 year old junk tire.
029s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #28
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
And they don't run them on steer axles...
and every major highway is littered with pieces of big truck tires
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:

So you're saying that all of the 8 or 9 different models they have and dozens of sizes available, they all suck on the road? Really?
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #30
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

First of I'm tired of people complaining about something they know little about, but there not worth arguing with because they are most likely the people who think they are never wrong. Second, there are plenty of threads about Retreads that turned in to an argument, so if you want to complain you sold revive one of those. As for the OP congrats on the new purchase, I hope they work out just like they do on 90% of the trucks on this great nations highway system
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.