My new 01 Limited - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My new 01 Limited

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #31
volvite
1999 WJ 

I have had the K&N intake on my Jeep for the last 3+ years and love it. I clean it about every 2 oil changes with the K&N cleaning kit. Love the sound it gave the Jeep.

Don't want to hijack the thread but anyone know anything about that jeep with the muscle car exhaust? That sounded really good.

volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #32
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I agree it sounded GREAT...but that's not at all the sound I would expect from a WJ, or really any SUV or Jeep. Maybe a Cayenne Turbo S or an SRT-8..... but the WJ is just too pedestrian for that kind of exhaust, IMO.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #33
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Kolak has a nice exhaust system that is pretty inexpensive. It is a 3" system that includes a new high flow cat and uses a Flowmaster 70 muffler. It gets great reviews and once money isn't such an issue I think I am going to get one from him. I need to get my stupid death wobble fixed and I need new tires so those are priority at the moment.

As far as the K&N...do you notice any power increase or change in the sound of your Jeep? I want to do the intake as well when I do the exhaust.

YouTube - Kolak Exhaust Idle/Rev

YouTube - Kolak Exhaust on a WJ: Flowmaster 70 Series vs Super 40
Thanks for the heads up, I will check that out that kit. As for the K&N, yes I do notice a big difference in sound ONLY when I really floor it. It sounds the same it always did untill i really press the gas then the noise changes big time. The first time I heard it I was like DAAAAAM with a huge smile on my face. Sounds like a real American V8!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
yes there is something you can do about water if you concerned with that happening

amsoil prefilter AMSOIL - EaPF Pre-Filters

and the EaPF21 should work for you

K&N filter you have is:

Base Outside Diameter: 5.5 in (140 mm)
Flange Inside Diameter: 3.5 in (89 mm)
Flange Length: 1.25 in (32 mm)
Height: 8 in (203 mm)
Top Outside Diameter: 4 in (102 mm)

hope it helps, soon i am going to pick up that per filter and the bigger amsoil filter to replace my K&N one since i wont have to deal with a oiled filter .

hope it helps and nice jeep
That looks exactly like what I need, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvite View Post
I have had the K&N intake on my Jeep for the last 3+ years and love it. I clean it about every 2 oil changes with the K&N cleaning kit. Love the sound it gave the Jeep.

Don't want to hijack the thread but anyone know anything about that jeep with the muscle car exhaust? That sounded really good.
And you have never had a problem with water or dirt? Off road yours much?
And no worries about Hi-jacking, that muscle car sound was awesome. I would consider it just be a bit different. So any info on that would be appreciated too.
KingSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #34
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Woo Hoo! got the blend door replacement in! Will try to do it myself over the weekend if it does not rain. Also might de-amber my tail lights. That's a simple mod that i think looks great.

Random Noob Question in 3... 2.... 1.... Can you turn the car off and on while it is in 4low? RanDumb question i know :/
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #35
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yes.
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #36
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Yes.
Thanks!
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #37
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSuper View Post
And no worries about Hi-jacking, that muscle car sound was awesome. I would consider it just be a bit different. So any info on that would be appreciated too.
The research was done a few months ago when that video first made it's way to the jeepforum. The guy had to lose the front drive shaft to make room for the TRUE dual exhaust, where he has 2 powersticks. Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Products

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #38
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
The research was done a few months ago when that video first made it's way to the jeepforum. The guy had to lose the front drive shaft to make room for the TRUE dual exhaust, where he has 2 powersticks. Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Products
Already owned a RWD WJ... not trying to go back! Thanks for the info
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #39
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Need HELP again. I am in he middle of doing the blend door fix. I got the first blend door out but i cant get the second one out (the one farthest away i think its the passenger side one) That door works any ways but id like to change it since i got 2 new ones ready to pop in. Do I just need to tug it out of there? Maybe its not coming out because that one isn't broken?
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #40
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

It should come out pretty easily. You may need to cut the 2nd panel (the divider panel) just a little bit more so that it comes out off of its axle/drive connector better.
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #41
volvite
1999 WJ 

Quote:
And you have never had a problem with water or dirt? Off road yours much?
No, never had problem with dirt or water. It's been great. I do my fair share. It's still a DD but when I find a road that looks fun, I try and take it.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #42
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Thanks for the info. The divider panel seems to be cut well enough but that second door still wont come out! Does it matter if the door is in the up or down position when you try to remove it? Since that door works, it can be up or down depending on the temperature setting and weather the car is on or off. I put the glove box back, will try again tomorrow. So i just pull on the thing right?
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
straty1987

Quote:
Need HELP again. I am in he middle of doing the blend door fix. I got the first blend door out but i cant get the second one out (the one farthest away i think its the passenger side one) That door works any ways but id like to change it since i got 2 new ones ready to pop in. Do I just need to tug it out of there? Maybe its not coming out because that one isn't broken?

you have to cut the center wall out and make sure you get part of the grove that holds the doors in. and should pop right out
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #44
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Cool, thanks everyone! Blend doors FIXED! Might fix passenger heated seat next week.
Unread 10-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #45
KingSuper
2001 WJ 

Hope these pics help the next guy who needs to do this, even though there are plenty of in depth walk troughs already

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.