My first WJ... Help me figure out a couple of things please :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My first WJ... Help me figure out a couple of things please :)

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
My first WJ... Help me figure out a couple of things please :)

First of I wanna figure out the wheels that came with my '04 Limited WJ!
I pulled the build sheet from the dealership and it says that it shold have a matching spare wheel. But I have the Avila wheels on the ground and a Silverblade #3 as a spare wheel. So which where replaced by the previous owner???

image457.jpg   image458.jpg  
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,546
Well, if you have the build sheet it should tell you which wheels you had originally. But if I had to guess, the 04 probably had the silverblades stock and got a set of 4 Avilas to replace them. The only reason I say that is that people more often replace the wheels on the vehicle than replace the spare.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Well, if you have the build sheet it should tell you which wheels you had originally. But if I had to guess, the 04 probably had the silverblades stock and got a set of 4 Avilas to replace them. The only reason I say that is that people more often replace the wheels on the vehicle than replace the spare.
The build sheet only says "WGF: Wheels - 17X7.5 Alm, Sparkle, Accent"
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
The other issue is the amplifier... There seems to be a missing nut or something from it's mounting... What's missing here???
image459.jpg   image460.jpg   image461.jpg  
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
JerzeyBoyWJ
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay00 View Post
The build sheet only says "WGF: Wheels - 17X7.5 Alm, Sparkle, Accent"
well the wheels ..that are in the last picture is a 17 inch rim...and the top ones are 16s
__________________
2003 4.0l wj- 6.5 inch IRO+.75 spacers. 4.56 gears. dana44a swap. 35x12.50 MTR Kevlars

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
well the wheels ..that are in the last picture is a 17 inch rim...and the top ones are 16s
Nope... Those are 17's aswell which is why I'm confused
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,546
Per http://www.wjjeeps.com/wheels.htm#WHEELS - sales code WGF corresponds to the Silverblade #3.

On your amp, all that is missing is a nut like you have on the other mounts. If it really bothers you, I think they are M5x1.00 thread.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Per http://www.wjjeeps.com/wheels.htm#WHEELS - sales code WGF corresponds to the Silverblade #3.

On your amp, all that is missing is a nut like you have on the other mounts. If it really bothers you, I think they are M5x1.00 thread.
Yeah that was my guess for the wheels... But I kinda like those Avilas

Anyway about the amp... That bolt isn't attached to the floor or to anything!!! I thought there might be something else missing other than the nut... A bracket perhaps???
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,623
Take a can of air to that amp, that's a lot of dust on it= bad for electronics, that bolt would cost no more then $2 from a dealer. Seems like the last owner had messed with the jeep, I'd look deeper into the jeep and see what else has been messed with.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
Take a can of air to that amp, that's a lot of dust on it= bad for electronics, that bolt would cost no more then $2 from a dealer. Seems like the last owner had messed with the jeep, I'd look deeper into the jeep and see what else has been messed with.
Oh don't get me started on the messing around with the jeep thing It's bad enough that he had the front axles and drive shaft removed to disable the 4WD system, the Quadra-Drive system

But overall the interior and exterior is in great condition which I thought would matter most... All missing mechanical parts are easy to replace here and I am in the process of doing so before I start with heavy modifications
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay00 View Post
Yeah that was my guess for the wheels... But I kinda like those Avilas

Anyway about the amp... That bolt isn't attached to the floor or to anything!!! I thought there might be something else missing other than the nut... A bracket perhaps???
I like the Avilas too.

As for the amp, it does sit on a bracket which has 3 welded studs on it that retain the amp. Then the bracket is affixed to the floor with a few studs that are under the amp. It all looks just like mine when I took it apart to pull the seats and carpet to replace the front parking brake cable (that was FUN).

Just replace the nut and you'll be good.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay00 View Post
Oh don't get me started on the messing around with the jeep thing It's bad enough that he had the front axles and drive shaft removed to disable the 4WD system, the Quadra-Drive system
Did he leave the outer CV in the hub? If he had the entire axle out, I would expect the wheel bearings to be completely destroyed.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
TeeJay00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Did he leave the outer CV in the hub? If he had the entire axle out, I would expect the wheel bearings to be completely destroyed.
Yes he did a pretty good job with that. Outer CV in the hubs, sealed the axle tubes and filled the diff with grease to preserve it... I already checked the gears and they look perfect I just hope that the vari-lok is still working after I re-install those axles and drive shaft
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,546
Yeah, who knows what the motivation was for disabling the QD system. Doing burnouts? Saving 1 mpg? Hopefully the diff and transfer case are good.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.