MTR's VS. DURATRAC HELP!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > MTR's VS. DURATRAC HELP!!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #46
Ben_dover4dover
I like to smell tires

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam007 View Post
Ok cool. Yea I dont want it to look skinny. I really appreciate your knowledge and help. Its nice to be able to have a conversation with someone who isnt a smart *** and is actually willing to help.
anytime man! its what I do for a living, so it makes it pretty easy and I actually enjoy talking about tires. a lot of people just dont like to take the time to explain **** and help others out to get what they want. I know that when i have questions i dont want some smart *** answer. I always do a ton of research before i ask any questions, and will still get sarcastic answers.
just let me know if you have any other questions.
also when fitting bigger tires the main thing you need to pay attention to is the front end and whether the tires will fit when you turn. usually if they fit in the rear they wont always fit in the front. so keep that in mind.

Unread 08-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #47
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_dover4dover View Post

anytime man! its what I do for a living, so it makes it pretty easy and I actually enjoy talking about tires. a lot of people just dont like to take the time to explain **** and help others out to get what they want. I know that when i have questions i dont want some smart *** answer. I always do a ton of research before i ask any questions, and will still get sarcastic answers.
also when fitting bigger tires the main thing you need to pay attention to is the front end and whether the tires will fit when you turn. usually if they fit in the rear they wont always fit in the front. so keep that in mind.
Thats is usually because just about every question has already been answered 4 dozen times on this site.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #48
Ben_dover4dover
I like to smell tires

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Thats is usually because just about question has already been answered 4 dozen times on this site.
oh yeah, but sometimes its hard to find those posts.
Unread 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #49
lam007
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
FB...thats the problem.

At any rate, did you buy me my set of tires? your set?
Bahaha no I have yet to buy yours. I believe they are on backorder for a while.
lam007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #50
lam007
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Yea that is a big concern. Now I have trimmed the insde of my bumper because I had to when i had a two inch lift. I wish I could go and try on a pair of tires to see how they fit and look. It would make this so much easier.
Unread 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #51
Ben_dover4dover
I like to smell tires

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yea that is a big concern. Now I have trimmed the insde of my bumper because I had to when i had a two inch lift. I wish I could go and try on a pair of tires to see how they fit and look. It would make this so much easier.
there are some places that have this tool that acts as a rim. it's like an adjustable arm that will adjust to the wheel size to fit the tire, then bolts to the hub. its basically for testing fitment. i cant think of what its called.
but it really can't hurt to just go to the place and ask them if they can test fit the front tires on your Dub, to test the turning radius. I have one guy who i've asked if he wouldn't mind doing that one time and he said he would be more than willing to help me out with putting a tire up there just to test it out. Most of the bigger companies will do something like this. like tire discounters.
They just have to be cautious bc you can still sell the tire as new if it hasnt been ran. they just have to watch to not rip the bead of the tire bc then its no longer an adjustable tire, you rip the bead you own it.

I'd just call or go in and ask them if they can bring them in, for a test fitment. if you get a cool enough guy, they wont mind at all. luckily these guys rely on me to sell them **** haha. so if i treat them well they are more likely to help me. just ask, the worst they can say is no, then youll just go to another place that wants to earn your business. but its less likely to happen especially when you are purchasing these tires. a lot of them will do anything they can to get the sale. just tell them you are going to purchase them, you just need to know which size will fit. once they know its a sure thing they will make the sell, they will be all for it. Their extra pay can sometimes rely on a sale like this. plus it makes them look good to their managers.
Unread 08-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #52
lam007
2002 WJ 

Quote:
there are some places that have this tool that acts as a rim. it's like an adjustable arm that will adjust to the wheel size to fit the tire, then bolts to the hub. its basically for testing fitment. i cant think of what its called.
but it really can't hurt to just go to the place and ask them if they can test fit the front tires on your Dub, to test the turning radius. I have one guy who i've asked if he wouldn't mind doing that one time and he said he would be more than willing to help me out with putting a tire up there just to test it out. Most of the bigger companies will do something like this. like tire discounters.
They just have to be cautious bc you can still sell the tire as new if it hasnt been ran. they just have to watch to not rip the bead of the tire bc then its no longer an adjustable tire, you rip the bead you own it.

I'd just call or go in and ask them if they can bring them in, for a test fitment. if you get a cool enough guy, they wont mind at all. luckily these guys rely on me to sell them **** haha. so if i treat them well they are more likely to help me. just ask, the worst they can say is no, then youll just go to another place that wants to earn your business. but its less likely to happen especially when you are purchasing these tires. a lot of them will do anything they can to get the sale. just tell them you are going to purchase them, you just need to know which size will fit. once they know its a sure thing they will make the sell, they will be all for it. Their extra pay can sometimes rely on a sale like this. plus it makes them look good to their managers.
Thats good to know. My family buys all our tires from this little family owned business that has been their for who knows how long cause they always give us really good pricing. I will have to stop in their and see. I mean I definitely need to get new ones. My other KM2s wore un even. Even though I made sure to rotate them and always kept up with the air so its a rough ride. BUt they are about worn out anyways.
Unread 08-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #53
Ben_dover4dover
I like to smell tires

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Thats good to know. My family buys all our tires from this little family owned business that has been their for who knows how long cause they always give us really good pricing. I will have to stop in their and see. I mean I definitely need to get new ones. My other KM2s wore un even. Even though I made sure to rotate them and always kept up with the air so its a rough ride. BUt they are about worn out anyways.
yeah i heard about KM2s wearing uneven, I personally never come in contact with them bc we dont sell them so i cant say too much about them.

Mom and Pop shops are always the best to deal with. I'm sure they will be more than willing, itll be a good sale for them.
Hit me up if you need anymore help man.
Unread 08-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #54
lam007
2002 WJ 

Quote:
yeah i heard about KM2s wearing uneven, I personally never come in contact with them bc we dont sell them so i cant say too much about them.

Mom and Pop shops are always the best to deal with. I'm sure they will be more than willing, itll be a good sale for them.
Hit me up if you need anymore help man.
Well I really liked the tire except for that. But I will talk with them and let ya know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.