Mpg - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Mpg

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
marcall
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussFromJersey View Post
On my last road trip to Indy I got my '04 Laredo 4L to 26mpg was quite happy with that. Mixed city/hwy driving in NJ though is about 19-20mpg
I don't think that's even close to possible on any WJ or older Jeep even if you only drove downhill with a wind at your back, it's just not in the cards for the 4.0. If I'm not mistaken the oem rating was 15 in town and 17 highway. You're claiming 9 mpg better and a vehicle at about the ten year mark.

The brand new 3.6 WK is only rated at 17 city and 23 highway. If you hover over the little blue cross you will see that's for the 4x2 as well, not the heavier 4x4. http://www.jeep.com/en/2013/grand_ch...apability/mpg/

marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Winter blend gas is killing my mpgs here in IL
It drops me down to 15.3 mpg on average.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcall View Post
I don't think that's even close to possible on any WJ or older Jeep even if you only drove downhill with a wind at your back, it's just not in the cards for the 4.0. If I'm not mistaken the oem rating was 15 in town and 17 highway. You're claiming 9 mpg better and a vehicle at about the ten year mark.

The brand new 3.6 WK is only rated at 17 city and 23 highway. If you hover over the little blue cross you will see that's for the 4x2 as well, not the heavier 4x4. http://www.jeep.com/en/2013/grand_ch...apability/mpg/
Probably using the overhead console's numbers.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
marcall
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
I didn't use my iPhone mpg app for about four months and then just for the heck of it did a tank fill without resetting and I was getting 43 mpg, no joke!
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
RussFromJersey
2004 WJ 

Quote:
yes
RussFromJersey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #21
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
On my last road trip to Indy I got my '04 Laredo 4L to 26mpg was quite happy with that. Mixed city/hwy driving in NJ though is about 19-20mpg
I highly doubt that.

Quote:

Quote:

yes
That goes to show you the overhead is not correct. It's posts like yours that makes people think there is something wrong when they are only getting 14 mpg. Heck, I'd be happy if I even made it to 16 mpg!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

On long flat trips I've had it up to 20-21 but that's doing 55-60. In the city its about 13-14. I didn't buy it for gas mileage so I don't really care, but it better get around +/- 400 miles per tank on highway trips. I hate stopping for fuel every 200 miles.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
RussFromJersey
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
On long flat trips I've had it up to 20-21 but that's doing 55-60. In the city its about 13-14. I didn't buy it for gas mileage so I don't really care, but it better get around +/- 400 miles per tank on highway trips. I hate stopping for fuel every 200 miles.
I've noticed a significant difference between going the speed limit and going slightly faster... there's a noticeable difference between 65mph and 70mph.

That said I had gotten 400+ miles on a fairly flat road trip in the mid west, so doing the math in my head made overhead console seem not far off. But after googling the tank capacity of the Jeep I now see how wrong that was oh well, chalk that up to uneducated consumer.
RussFromJersey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
aralph30
2003 WJ 

I have been driving like a grandma with this fresh tank ill let uguys know what it does for me. Also going to have my new fuel filter installed this week At some point

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.