Mopar iPod integration kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Mopar iPod integration kit

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Mopar iPod integration kit

I ordered an RB1 for my 2003 Grand Cherokee Overland and am following the install instructions on wjjeeps.com. It calls for the Mopar iPod integration kit, which has been discontinued by Chrysler, but is still available, as some dealers still have it in stock. Some Jeep/Chrysler parts websites still show 82209616AC as being order-able, but, so far, when I ordered them, they come back, a couple days later, saying they cannot get the part, as it has been discontinued. (Then WHY do you still show it as available and able to add to cart?).
I am working with JeepsareUs.com, right now, who is trying to find the kit, but so far, has found one: 1. an open box, which the dealer will not confirm all parts are in there, 2. The price is way more than what they advertised on their website.
It's getting very frustrating. I wanted this kit, because it allows me to keep my 10-CD changer, as well as adding the iPod function and an aux port (3.5mm jack).
I have one more place that I may possibly get it from, but after that, who knows?
I already have my radio, a GPS antenna is on the way, and a NavTeq CD is also on the way. All I need is this kit to complete my install, but I don't want to install, until I have all the parts.
Where did you guys, who also ordered the RB1, get your kit?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
JustStew
2004 WJ 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-Mop...d40346&vxp=mtr
JustStew is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStew View Post
I have found better than $265. It's just a matter of finding someone who has it in stock. I have found $200, $211, $213 and a guy that will match $213 if I call him back. If the guy I am dealing with now doesn't come through, I will call the guy who will match. Does Kolak deal with these parts, or just suspension?

Unread 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
JustStew
2004 WJ 

Cool, EBay is where I got mine. Shipped same day had it in 2 days. Works like a champ. Hope ya get it.
JustStew is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStew View Post
Cool, EBay is where I got mine. Shipped same day had it in 2 days. Works like a champ. Hope ya get it.
During this process, I talked to a guy at leeparts.com. I think it is a dealer, and he searched other dealers and told me that there were several in East Hills, NY, which is on Long Island. Jeepsareus.com is about 10 miles from that dealer, but could not find the kit. Leeparts also told me there was one in Cincinnati, which I live close to, so when I got the email from Jeepsareus.com that they could not find one, I called Cincinnati and bought it for $235 plus $10 shipping. THEN, I got another email from Jeepsareus.com saying they found one for $237. Darnitall, I just told them to refund my credit card, but I am glad THAT is over with.

Unread 08-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Cebby
2000 WJ 

I got mine from Wyckoff in NJ, but like you've already run into - the dealers don't stock this item so eBay is probably the best avenue (or used).

My writeup: http://www.jeepslimited.com/index.ph...d=18&Itemid=94
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I am about to install my RB1, since my GPS antenna just came in and I have a question. I am keeping my 10-CD changer. Do I need the artist cable, or do I already have it in my harness? The artist cable is for the iPod, CD changer, and satellite radio, correct? I wasn't sure, never looked into it, and didn't order one.

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #8
Darnice
2004 WJ 

Cd changer, will not display the artist no matter what cable you have, the artist cable is for the Sat radio box.
If your installing or have sat then you need the artist cable.

If your just connecting the iPod, it connects to the switch box which connects to the radio. I don't think the artist cable comes into it.
Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
Cd changer, will not display the artist no matter what cable you have, the artist cable is for the Sat radio box.
If your installing or have sat then you need the artist cable.

If your just connecting the iPod, it connects to the switch box which connects to the radio. I don't think the artist cable comes into it.
Ok. You answered my question. I wasn't sure if the RB1 would show artist/song with the artist cable, or not, but now I do remember that it was for satellite radio. Thx!

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I got my RB1 radio in, but I am stuck, for now, with the Mopar iPod integration kit.
What I need is the extender cable, part no. 05191195AA, which is even harder to find than the Mopar iPod integration kit.

There is no way my CD Changer cable will reach down under the heated seat switches/power outlets area. I tried ordering it from Mopar Parts Overstock, but they said it would be on backorder with no way of knowing when it would be in.
I don't know why this part was not included with the iPod integration kit.
I just ordered it again from factorychryslerparts.com, but I bet they will say the same thing. Can't find it on eBay, nor Amazon.
My last ditch effort will be to call a dealer and see if he can check other dealer's stock to see who has it.

Unread 09-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
js12278
1999 WJ 

I sure am sorry I didn't save all my Uconnect and integration information I had from the 2008 model years. I had so much information. I was in touch with the engineers that were making the modules and kits. Was pretty interesting stuff. I am looking on the side to see if I can dig up any of the old information I had. At the time the dealerships didn't have a clue hot to get it all working. Myself and another guy went crazy to get our systems working right. The dealer used to call us to help set up other customer's setups. I do recall one of the biggest issues was not one kit was a total package. There was always ONE part you didn't get and was a pain to get it. Updating the modules firmware or getting a module with the latest firmware was a huge issue as well.
js12278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
js12278
1999 WJ 

Have you done any looking on any of the other forums for Chrysler products? I know we ended up with people all working together from a challenger site and a charger site to get it all working in avengers. It's just a cable you are looking for, one of those places may offer some more guidance. Sometimes people bought cables that were incorrect but could not return them and they would seel them to other folks to recover losses.
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12278 View Post
Have you done any looking on any of the other forums for Chrysler products? I know we ended up with people all working together from a challenger site and a charger site to get it all working in avengers. It's just a cable you are looking for, one of those places may offer some more guidance. Sometimes people bought cables that were incorrect but could not return them and they would seel them to other folks to recover losses.
Not yet, but if I get desperate, I guess I will have to. Most people want to sell their setup as a whole and not split it up. I can always ask, though. I know one or two people on this forum are looking to sell their RB1 radios. If they have the integration kit, they may have that cable. Some people got rid of their changers after they got their iPods set up to play, but I wanted the versatility of having a CD changer as well as the iPod and 3.5 mm jack, thus needing that cable.
Thanks for the ideas.

Unread 09-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Well, I cannot find the extender cable (p/n 05191195AA), as it is on indefinite back-order with no ship date, so I will have to try putting the box closer. Where did you guys, (who did this install) put your mux boxes? Looks there might be a little room behind the instrument cluster if I cut a few pieces of unused plastic. Any pictures?

Unread 09-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
js12278
1999 WJ 

Just wanted to drop this here. In case you saw something you liked.
http://www.allpar.com/model/m/repairs/stereo-swap.html
http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_adapters/index.html

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.