moog ball joints made in the usa - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > moog ball joints made in the usa

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
IwishIwasBLOWN

moog ball joints made in the usa

This may be a silly post for some, but i searched the crap out of jeepforum, jeeps unlimited, dodge diesel sites etc and i have read that moog outsourced its suspension parts etc to other countries and that parts quailty suffered, and that raybestos was the way to go. I decided to take the plunge and ordered Moog upper and lower ball joints for my '04 WJ from rock auto. Im happy to report that i received 4 ball joints, all stamped 'made in the usa' and they look to be straight beefy. For anyone second guessing a moog purchase, i wouldn't. Raybestos may be improving, but i'll stick with Moog for now.

-1996 Suzuki Katana 600. RIP
-1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD. SOLD
IwishIwasBLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Actually glad to hear this account, as I've heard some horror stories about moog in the last couple years. Only hearsay of course, but one story was of someone opening a moog "problem solver" tie rod end, and removing the moog sticker from the part itself to reveal a TRW sticker underneath it.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
IwishIwasBLOWN

Not here. They have Moog Problem Solver stamped into the tops of the ball joints. I read the bad press too, but never had a bad experience with the problem solver line. I cant speak for other Moog lines being that i havent had experience with them.
-1996 Suzuki Katana 600. RIP
-1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD. SOLD
IwishIwasBLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.