Monroe Sensa Trac vs Reflex and Up Country??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Monroe Sensa Trac vs Reflex and Up Country???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Monroe Sensa Trac vs Reflex and Up Country???

I desperately need shocks. I'm at 108k on factory originals and things are getting pretty brutal.

Not wanting to spend a lot, going to do the rears first. Both the Sensa Tracs and Reflex Monroes get fairly decent feedback from what I can see from searching on here, but on to my questions.

Are the Reflex worth the few extra dollars over the Sensa Tracs? It'll be about $25 to jump up to them.

The Reflex I can buy at a good price show to be a direct fit for my 04 Laredo, but it also says they are for the "Up Country" suspension which I don't have as far as I know. Can I use "Up Country" shocks on a standard Laredo?

Problems with either of these anyone? Suggestions (not Bilstiens, too much else I need to do right now, it's a Jeep).

My 04 Dub is 98 percent a daily driver, I like to plaster it with mud every now and again but I don't do any serious off road stuff.

Any experience with these appreciated. Thanks!

KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

yes the reflex are worth it and you can use the reflex on your stock suspension... personally if I was picking b/t those two I'd go with the reflex monotubes that are for the "up-country" suspension.

The reflex monotubes are a much better design than the twin tube sensa trac
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
runninbad
2000 WJ 

I just got the Sensa-Tracs a couple weeks ago. Over all I'm happy with them. A little stiffer than I'd like but my main reason to change the shocks was the bushings were shot and rattled horribly. Eliminated most of the rattles I had. Mine is a 100% DD. No opinion on the Reflex. If you're set on the Monroes, make sure you take advantage of the rebate being offered if you purchase before April 30th. See the Monroe website.
runninbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

I opted for KYB Monomaxx shocks and I am REALLY liking them. They were night and day over OEM even at 60k miles. I dont know how the heck you made it as far as you did on OEM shocks. Yours must be ruined.

Bought them on Amazon and installed them myself in my driveway with simple hand tools.

Part numbers: 565107, 565106.

Paid $168.04 for all four.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
guywithaZ

I've got the Reflexes on my Super Duty and it actually makes the ride decent. So they get my vote.
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
sprocket1200
2001 WJ 

We did reflex up front and sensatrac load adjusting out back. Very happy with result.

http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPar...dStatus=ACTIVE
sprocket1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
Stimmel
2001 WJ 

I just put front and rear reflex on my 01 w/o upcountry (shocks said for upcountry) they are great!
Stimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go with the Reflex for Up Country since they will work, seems like $25 bucks well spent.

Now to actually get them and get it done.
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
texlurch
2002 WJ 

heck KayCeeJeep, end of May I'll be passing thru your neck of the woods headed to TN/NC for some Deals Gap terrorizing;
you want a set of Up Country springs for a free 1 inch lift?

I'll toss in the Up Country transfer case skid for $25, need some tow hooks?

Just have to figure the logisitics of meeting along the road
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Tex that sounds interesting, thanks for the offer. PM me when that time comes around and we'll yack on it a bit.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.