Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Modernizing/sprucing up WJ

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  GC2013 
#1 ·
I always thought the back of the WJ's was okay looking but kinda blah / mini-van /sluggish looking as well...and today with all the new SUV's looking like Ferrari's I decided to do something to spruce up the ole WJ.

I know they'll be some here who don't care for it....but to each his own....right?

I modded the license plate light housing / rear valance (whatever you want to call it):

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Talk about modernizing the WJ, my 99 Limited has a kenwood double din with bluetooth/navi and rear cam installed on it. Everyone is always appalled when I tell them my jeep is pre-2000 since its literally loaded with all sorts of goodies.

#3 ·
What has changed...small pic on this tablet! The top trim looks more pointed but other than that it looks factory!

Always makes me smile when people obscure their plates on forums. Why?.....when millions of people could see it everyday out and about on the roads. It's not private info. Mine is HV53HRN if anyone wants to know! Lol!

Reactions: Cattivo
#4 ·
Always makes me smile when people obscure their plates on forums. Why?.....when millions of people could see it everyday out and about on the roads. It's not private info. Mine is HV53HRN if anyone wants to know! Lol!
This!

Attachments

#13 ·
Mine is an 01, been changing everything over to Led bulbs has perked it a bit, when I did the White/Amber Led marker lights in the front along with new headlight housings and a front license plate it really made it look so much better. Going from 225/60/R16 to 245/70/R17 and on 2013 Wrangler wheels made it look way better as well, also improved ride quality along with off road capability. Looking at doing the same Led taillights that are posted on further up on here along with new exhaust next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.