Memory seat, working? No light - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Memory seat, working? No light

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
gazzerb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
Memory seat, working? No light

Hi all
I finally got my manual, I'm messing around trying to get the memory seats workings. I have both keys of different colours. I went through the procedure as instructed in the manual but when I press the set button no light comes on as it says it will. Does this mean it's not working, do these bulbs go or could it be something more?
Thanks in advance
gary

gazzerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
MadderThanMax
Registered User
2001  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 1,694
Wj

Pull the gator back in the door and you'll find that its a break in the wiring, nothing to do with the SET light... resolder and away you go... Seemmpppllees!
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
gazzerb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax
Pull the gator back in the door and you'll find that its a break in the wiring, nothing to do with the SET light... resolder and away you go... Seemmpppllees!
Nice man I'll try that
gazzerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
MadderThanMax
Registered User
2001  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 1,694
Bigger Fix, if you have the time is to remove the door panel and unplug the loom from the inside the door, then remove the kick panel from inside the car and trace the loom back through the gator and cut inside the car. The next part is to recreate the loom, I used exact coloured wire off Ebay and trimmed the loom near the plug leaving enough for tails to solder to and remake the loom then, using rubberised insulation tape I made up a new loom and solder it all back in. Remember to extend the loom by 6" as its the shortness that causes the loom to break over time. Creating a new loom does away with any future breaks in the wires as they are exposed and go brittle over time hence the break. Good Luck! I've got 4Tom to thank for my repair.. Good advice!
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
gazzerb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax
Bigger Fix, if you have the time is to remove the door panel and unplug the loom from the inside the door, then remove the kick panel from inside the car and trace the loom back through the gator and cut inside the car. The next part is to recreate the loom, I used exact coloured wire off Ebay and trimmed the loom near the plug leaving enough for tails to solder to and remake the loom then, using rubberised insulation tape I made up a new loom and solder it all back in. Remember to extend the loom by 6" as its the shortness that causes the loom to break over time. Creating a new loom does away with any future breaks in the wires as they are exposed and go brittle over time hence the break. Good Luck! I've got 4Tom to thank for my repair.. Good advice!
Whats the gator?
Kick panel is that under the steering wheel?
Thanks
gazzerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
MadderThanMax
Registered User
2001  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 1,694
"Gator" is the big rubber corrogated thing in the door jam as you open the drivers door & The "kick panel" is the panel inside the door that has the hood pull on it.
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
gazzerb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax
"Gator" is the big rubber corrogated thing in the door jam as you open the drivers door & The "kick panel" is the panel inside the door that has the hood pull on it.
Sweet thanks man, need to free up some time to check it out
gazzerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.