Matching an aftermarket amp with the Kicker / Mopar speakers from an 05 - 10' GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Matching an aftermarket amp with the Kicker / Mopar speakers from an 05 - 10' GC

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
jpilk99
2002 WJ 

Matching an aftermarket amp with the Kicker / Mopar speakers from an 05 - 10' GC

I have an 02' Grand Cherokee Overland with the Infininty system. Got a few blown speakers.

I just bought the dash, front & rear door speakers that Kicker made for the 05' - 10' GCs (and other Jeeps). I'm told that the amp from Kicker is not a fit for the 02' and it's wiring. Something about a PCI bus in my 02' vs. a CAN bus in the 05' and up. So, I did not buy that Kicker amp.

I don't know how to "match" amps with speakers and their ohms or whatever it is I'm supposed to pay attention to. I do understand about not over powering a speaker and it's wattage. Can somone lend me some guidance who knows the Kicker speakers I bought?

Thanks.

jpilk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I thought the WKs came with Boston Acoustics speakers.

As long as the speakers are 4-ohm, you can use your existing infinity amp.

EDIT--nevermind, I see there was a Kicker upgrade....sorry.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
narnwv

2000 WJ 

also, you're gonna have to make your dash holes bigger as the WJ has 2.5" holes, and the WK speakers are 3.5"

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
jpilk99
2002 WJ 

I can make the dash holes bigger to fit the 3" vs. the 2.5" infinitys. What ohm are the Kickers? How do you "match" an amp to speakers or vise versa?
jpilk99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.