Map sensor connector - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Map sensor connector

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Reply
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
MichaelS75
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 131
Map sensor connector

The connector to the map sensor on my 4.7 is totally broken and the wires don't seem to be connecting well throwing a p0121 code and causing my wj to stall. I taped it up but that only fixed it for a day or two. Should I try to find a new connector somewhere or can I just bypass it and wire it straight to the sensor?

MichaelS75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
gold3n_8oy
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS75 View Post
The connector to the map sensor on my 4.7 is totally broken and the wires don't seem to be connecting well throwing a p0121 code and causing my wj to stall. I taped it up but that only fixed it for a day or two. Should I try to find a new connector somewhere or can I just bypass it and wire it straight to the sensor?
Hi. Can you show me pictures or the exact location of this map sensor?I have map sensor codes on and off..plan to clean it first before replacing it. Thank you.
gold3n_8oy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
MichaelS75
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 131
These are crappy pics but basically it's attached to the front of the intake manifold behind the alternator. You can access it much easier if you take off the air intake box
image-3876142342.jpg

MichaelS75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
gold3n_8oy
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS75 View Post
These are crappy pics but basically it's attached to the front of the intake manifold behind the alternator. You can access it much easier if you take off the air intake box
Pics not clear but i will give it a try. It is not mounted at the back of the alternator does it? Is it hard to remove? Thanks again
gold3n_8oy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
MichaelS75
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 131
No it's behind the alternator attached to the intake manifold. I used a 20 or 25 torx bit and a 6 inch extension and it was still tough to get it out. Just look in between the alt and the AC unit and you'll see it attached
MichaelS75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
gold3n_8oy
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS75 View Post
No it's behind the alternator attached to the intake manifold. I used a 20 or 25 torx bit and a 6 inch extension and it was still tough to get it out. Just look in between the alt and the AC unit and you'll see it attached
Ok.i saw it. But i gonna forget to do it myself as it is hard..gonna ask a mechanic to do it.thanks
gold3n_8oy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
bigred1821
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, CT
Posts: 20
I had a similar problem in the spring. I replaced the sensor but broke the wiring connector. The new sensor didn't seem to work. Eventually I found that the rubber elbow that comes out of the back of the map sensor and elbows into the throttle body had a small crack in it, causing the code and for the truck to stall out if I wasn't on the gas. I have the 4.0 but it wouldn't hurt to check this because I overlooked it and it was a really easy fix.
bigred1821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
gold3n_8oy
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1821 View Post
I had a similar problem in the spring. I replaced the sensor but broke the wiring connector. The new sensor didn't seem to work. Eventually I found that the rubber elbow that comes out of the back of the map sensor and elbows into the throttle body had a small crack in it, causing the code and for the truck to stall out if I wasn't on the gas. I have the 4.0 but it wouldn't hurt to check this because I overlooked it and it was a really easy fix.
Will check it.thanks
gold3n_8oy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.