Manufacturer Defined Failed Component? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Manufacturer Defined Failed Component?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
steelstr45
2000 WJ 

Manufacturer Defined Failed Component?

Hooked up my OBD II scanner today to check for codes. (2004 4.0L WJ)

I had none, but in the "On-Board Monitoring" section, I had failure reported.

It says "TID $11 - Manufacturer Defined: Value 45 Min 144 Result: Failed"

I put a picture of it up.

I tried to find out what that TID $11 code is, but I've had no luck.

Does anyone know what it's saying has failed?

What's Chrysler's little code word mean in real life?

Thanks, here's the pic:

steelstr45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Have no idea. You would have to see if chrysler's DRBIII says anything for codes.
Unread 11-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Aint that weird, any OBD Check engine codes? I've never seen that interface but looks kind of cool. Monitored systems I can think about hmm...

O2 sensors definately

I know some OBD interfaces allow for A.C. Tests and monitoring, dont know if Chrysler implemented this

Edit: It may be a reach but go here and scroll to the bottom:
http://www.scantool.net/obdwiz/

Thats the manufacturer of the software's data reference chart. I notice you have many of what could be O2 sensor monitored stuff and the one thats malfunctioning may be the TPS sensor. Maybe, I dont really know if they match up but its something

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
steelstr45
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Aint that weird, any OBD Check engine codes? I've never seen that interface but looks kind of cool. Monitored systems I can think about hmm...

O2 sensors definately

I know some OBD interfaces allow for A.C. Tests and monitoring, dont know if Chrysler implemented this

Edit: It may be a reach but go here and scroll to the bottom:
ScanTool.net LLC - OBDwiz Automotive Diagnostic Software

Thats the manufacturer of the software's data reference chart. I notice you have many of what could be O2 sensor monitored stuff and the one thats malfunctioning may be the TPS sensor. Maybe, I dont really know if they match up but its something
Yeah, I have no idea what the code means. There are no OBD check engine codes.

I know these codes are the hidden ones the dealerships don't want you to know about. I found a lot of articles on the $06 monitoring on Google, and they say it basically gives you a glimpse into stuff that may be about to fail, but hasn't hit the threshold for throwing a code yet.

It's required by OBD II standards, but each manufacturer has a different meaning to each code. So the hexadecimal code TID (test identification) $11 would correspond to a Chrysler specific test on whatever Component $01 is.

So that code and test would be completely different meanings for a Ford or GM.

Apparently there's no real reference out there with a list of what Chrysler associates these codes with. Only dealers know apparently (or the DRB III tool maybe).

My WJ doesn't seem to have a lot of these $06 monitors, but it looks like most of the tests are all testing one component, whatever Component $01 is. It seems to have passed all of the other tests but $11.

I just have no idea what it all means!
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
chickenone
2002 WJ 

did u find out?

Did you find out what the $11 was that failed?? i have that fail and $31 $51 and $53
dont know what they are!
2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7V8
chickenone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
steelstr45
2000 WJ 

Nope, I've never found out. Nothing seems to be failed on the car, but the code is still there. However, the makers of the TouchScan software I use just released a forty dollar addon that adds some capability to read the Service $06 codes.

I've been considering purchasing it, but I don't know how good it will work on the Jeep, where Chrysler is so secretive about their "dealer only" information.
Unread 01-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
steelstr45
2000 WJ 

just a side note: I checked into it, and the software update does not add any new $06 info
Unread 01-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

That "failed" does not necessarily mean that a component failed. It means that an on-board monitor test procedure has failed to complete. Apparently $10 is a Chrysler defined monitor and not one of the standard OBD2 monitors. From what I can gather, it takes a trained technician to make sense out of those results. That's not to say a diligent DIYer couldn't learn to deal with them.
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
oxygen

Question how to find "component test error codes 11, 31 etc

hooking up my spanky new do all obd 2 reader/scanner and when I went to component check (since mysteriously there were no obd generic codes) I got the only double digit error codes of which there maybe ? 50 or so of them, most passed but some failed - the 51,52,and 53 is due to the blend doors not working and you can check that by pushing the two buttons on your a/c - heating panel and holding them while turning the drivers side knob one turn which will ten light up these 2 digit error codes on the screen of your heater a/c panel - those error codes are for the blend doors etc recirc door like i said BUT how do you find out these other coeds apparently not part ofthe obd 2 system but of jeep's own thing - I can read the codes but it doesn't tell me what they go to (as I said you can see these codes on the a/c panel) but have the error codes on component test thing saying 11, 31 also fail - anybody know what these mean or where there is a chart so you can tell what these are?

2nd issue below

2002 grand cherokee 4.7 with the very confusing and problematic "hydraulic fan system" which wasn't working the other day (the power steering) and yet no error codes on that but jeep dealer told me it would be 1499 was told couldn't bypass due to hoses not matching up but in dedham ma they have a cool place that makes all and any kind of hydraulic hose set up and fittings you need for just about anything so is it possible to do this and chuck the in my opinion really stupid idea of taking power from your power steering pump and making it first go thru the radiator hydraulic fan to power that and then onto giving power to power steering which hasn't been working right and lost all steering the other day - what a crazy unsafe idea just to get "better" cooling - dangerous - would rather get over heated than not to be able to steer car going down two way roads etc ha ha
oxygen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
oxygen

Question the 51 and 53 are blend doors I need to know the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenone View Post
Did you find out what the $11 was that failed?? i have that fail and $31 $51 and $53
dont know what they are!
2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7V8

any ideas yet on how to find these codes ( the reason I know about the 51 and 53 is becasue i knew my blend doors were broke and the guy who sells the heatertreater.net solution explains how you look these error codes thru the screen on the a/c heater panel by pressing the two top buttons at the same time and then moving the bottom button one click to right and you see those error codes
oxygen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

For AZC codes and very brief explanations go here:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/climate.htm
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What ever it is, it will defintly be more than $11 at the dealership.
Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505
nitecop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Jellis11

Guess this has been going on for a while. My code reader is sending me 11, 31, and 51. Just thought I would throw another... Anyone find out these great codes yet!?

Sorry this is my first post I'm gonna go someplace and introduce myself now.
Jellis11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

If you scroll through my thread there is mode 6 data listed. Also have a lot of fails. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...4/index20.html If you cannot find the pics of the mode 6 data, let me know and I will hunt them down and post them here
outofrng623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.