Lump under carpet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lump under carpet

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Ak_Wheeler
2004 WJ 

Lump under carpet

I just got an '04 Overland and noticed a prominent lump under the carpet on the floor of the front passenger side seating area. I've not yet pulled up the carpet to find out what it is - thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else has that too.

Thanks!

Ak_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

I have one on the drivers side back floorboard. Its from a particularly big rock winning the battle for the space the metal was occupying.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
xkuzme1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I have one on the drivers side back floorboard. Its from a particularly big rock winning the battle for the space the metal was occupying.
Thats funny rite ther!

Ask me why you should not buy anything from 4 Wheel Online
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
DanJeep21
1979 CJ7 

Possibly a misplaced jack or jackstand. I had to work the floor of a Cherokee over with a rubber mallet a 2x4 and a mini sledge. Trade in came in with a very nice bump in the floorboard. Looked under neath and you could see the imprint of a jackstand. Either slipped off the frame rail or the jack was dropped with the stand in the wrong place.

If the lump is not hard then it could be bunched up padding from a prior carpet removal. Old sock or a bag of drugs hidden by a previous owner.
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
sontog
2004 WJ 

I believe that is the air vent to the back seat area, it runs under the R/front seat, I had to pull my carpet up it in that area a few times seaching for a windshield leak, so I am fairly sure that is.
sontog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

These all are possibilities. The only way to tell is to pull up the carpet and check or look underneath for a dent from the bottom. I was thinking bolt or nut, or the rear seat heat duct. Then again it could be a wad of $100 bills
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dope stash? Dead mouse? Could be anything, how can you not look???? Would drive me crazy wondering, but then, I'm funny like that!

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

If its a bag of drugs how much to ship to Michigan?

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Ak_Wheeler
2004 WJ 

Thanks everyone for the replies and ideas. It turned out to be an electrical box which I believe may go along with the stereo amplifier that was installed. It's just a rectangular box with wires coming out of it. No drugs, no rock or jack damage, no dead mouse, and no money. I ended up moving it closer to the sill so it's not right in the middle of the floor. Since I had an idea it had something to do with the amplifier and I had looked under the car and found no damage, it really wasn't driving me that crazy not knowing for sure.

Thanks again.
Ak_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
PCJona
2002 WJ 

lmao
PCJona is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.