low heat problems 01 GC limited-4.7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > low heat problems 01 GC limited-4.7

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 12-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
mrcangi

well for an update I put a new radiator in today I flush the heater core with CLR and my air compressor. Didnt get any chuncks or any bad stuff out of it. I put a brand new thermostat in again. The heat still is not as warm as it should be. When driving at normal highway speeds the temp guage is between half a d the first line under half. All the hoses are hot. New water pump. Mew cap. Fresh motor. Self sealed blend doors. Not sure what else it could be. Unless my seal on the blend doors is not good enough?? Any more ideas?

mrcangi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
mrcangi

Any ideas? I dont know what it is. Its not even driveable anymore. It wont even keep the windows unfogged when driving when its this cold out. Heater core plugged sum were in there? Something is not right
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
greeky510
2000 WJ 

Until you are able to try and take the dash apart to completely fix the doors try and turning the ac on while your heater is on hot. This will help remove moisture from inside the cabin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
greeky510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
mrcangi

Gonna order the blend door repair kit from blendoorstore.com tomorrow. Replace it just to check one more thing off the list that might help. If it dont fix it then at least ill know itll be fixed and will last a while. Hope its not the heater core
Unread 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeky510 View Post
Until you are able to try and take the dash apart to completely fix the doors try and turning the ac on while your heater is on hot. This will help remove moisture from inside the cabin. Sent from AutoGuide.com App
When the selector is on defrost, the A/C IS on. That is what defrosts the windows, not the heat,(well, it helps, some) the dry air.
Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
mrcangi

Would it matter it my ac compressor is unplugged? The compressor locked up so I got a used one and just left it unplugged till spring and ill replace it with a new compressor and get it flushed out and
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #22
pabstman
2004 WJ 

Wj

I am having similar issues on an 04 V6. I notice my radiator fan isn't running, even with the A/C on. The A/C blows cold air, the engine temp is normal, but the heat is just air or midly warm air. The radiator fan should run with A/C on and with defrost on, correct?
pabstman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #23
mrcangi

I know mine kicks on when it needs to. But the temp dont hardley get up to half way. Its closer to one line under half. I ordered new blend doors yesterday. So ill get them in by the weekend and go from there. If they dont help then I guess I have to change my heater core
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
mrcangi

Looks like im changing a heater core. Any advice??
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #25
bwiygul
2000 WJ 

Hey man I know this is a few months old but did you ever fix it? I have a similar problem except mine is perfectly hot on vent but not as hit in defrost and even worse on the feet. I also don't have much pressure blowing on the feet or defrost either. Just wondering if you checked all modes and stuff too or if the heater treater fixed it?
bwiygul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #26
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiygul View Post
Hey man I know this is a few months old but did you ever fix it? I have a similar problem except mine is perfectly hot on vent but not as hit in defrost and even worse on the feet. I also don't have much pressure blowing on the feet or defrost either. Just wondering if you checked all modes and stuff too or if the heater treater fixed it?
Was your blower resistor replaced? It has longer fins. Compared to the old one. If it did, it might just be a matter of switching the wires. See this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/.../#post12445860

Sent from my iPad using electrons
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #27
bwiygul
2000 WJ 

Would that matter between modes? I haven't done that resistor. Seen a few threads mention it but haven't dug into it. Figures it was a pass or fail thing for a resistor.
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiygul View Post
Would that matter between modes? I haven't done that resistor. Seen a few threads mention it but haven't dug into it. Figures it was a pass or fail thing for a resistor.
Just wondering if your not getting enough air flow and the air is getting cooler by the time it reaches your feet or the windshield. The problem with the blower resistor was that it pulls too much current and was melting the plug, so Chrysler put a bigger heat sink (fins) on it.
If your blower resistor has not been replaced, that is not the problem I was thinking it was.
Have you pulled codes? See here: http://www.wjjeeps.com/climate.htm
It might actually be a mode door problem, or the foam is just too rotten and has come off. If that is the case, you will have to pull your dash and get into the HVAC box.
On that website, there is a recalibration procedure you might also try. The IOD fuse is fuse 15 in the fuse box under the hood.

Sent from my iPad using electrons
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #29
bwiygul
2000 WJ 

I did pull the codes a while ago and one of the mid 50's was on there and I recal'd but it didn't fix it. One of the codes for a door travel too short or something. I forget. I was thinking mode door, it makes sense and will get to it hopefully this spring.

I was curious if the op fixed his or if he had problems like I do where it's better in one mode than the other. Still debating whether to cut my box or pull the dash and redo all the doors while I'm in there. Or just pull a jy box, rebuild it and then swap em really quick to avoid downtime.
Unread 03-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #30
biffs
2000 WJ 

Should the air coming from the blend doors be hot or cold? the doors themselves are moving properly, wondering if there should be a blast of hot air there or not. I'm also getting some warm air coming through, just enough to keep the windows clear but not to heat up the Jeep. Same situation as the OP, both hoses going into the heater core are hot, radiator has a very slow leak, fluid has been at the full line for weeks.

I'm told its possibly a worn out heater core - that the fins are dirty/rust/covered in sludge and not transferring heat properly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.