Low Air Flow passenger vents - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Low Air Flow passenger vents

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Okiesteve
2002 WJ 

Wj Low Air Flow passenger vents

I know this has been hashed, just can't find the correct link to my problem...2002 GC Limited, auto hivac. Low air flow from passenger upper vents. I know the Recirc Door is not working, I have a fix for that coming, but either in full open or closed position, I get very low air flow from the passenger vents (all 3)....Hivac has error code 52. Airflow at lower vents is fine, defrost seems to be good, just the passenger side air vents.
Thanks Okie Steve

Okiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
tjlmbklr
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesteve View Post
I know this has been hashed, just can't find the correct link to my problem...2002 GC Limited, auto hivac. Low air flow from passenger upper vents. I know the Recirc Door is not working, I have a fix for that coming, but either in full open or closed position, I get very low air flow from the passenger vents (all 3)....Hivac has error code 52. Airflow at lower vents is fine, defrost seems to be good, just the passenger side air vents.
Thanks Okie Steve
If I recall, I thought 52 was a blend door code.
tjlmbklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Okiesteve
2002 WJ 

From Blendorstore.com: The two common symptoms are: You feel a draft coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side when the vehicle is moving. The other symptom is, you have the fan turned on HI and there is little or no air blowing thru any vents!

There are two ways to check for a recirculation door failure if you have the Grand Cherokee with the Automatic Zone Control system (AZC). The first is you can read the fault codes of the AZC system.

To read the AZC fault codes: See above description

19 or 51 – AI (Recirc) door travel range too small

20 or 52 – AI (Recirc) door travel range too large

The above codes indicate a recirculation door problem. #52 is the most common.

The problem is that the system(s) for a code 52, is low air flow on ALL vents....I am ONLY having problems with the Passenger side. That is what the problem is. Just fine from driver side vents, very low (with fan on full) on passenger side.....steve
Okiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
01jeepGCL

Did you ever find the solution to this problem? My Jeep is doing the same thing.
01jeepGCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

I have the same issue probably gonna try to pull the glove box out and access the recirc door to see whats going on. I know that recirc option in my car does not work at all. the light comes on but the motor does not. so if i had to guess the door may be sitting on the motor. But thing that bothers me the most is the fact that i get cold air from outside blown in. it does not do it all the time but most of the time. i was also considering on getting a replacement that mopar makes.
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
highlander03
2002 WJ 

Me too!

Hey I'm new to this forum!
Please make sure ya post the fix my 2002 grand limited has the cold air problem on the passenger side but not a constant thing just from time to time or on road trips! Love to to know the fix! On a side note about to do what I call process improvements on my ride ( haven't decided on a name yet) starting with a lift and tires!

Man you guys rock out here going to drive me broke with ya sick rides!
highlander03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.