Lost my only key - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lost my only key

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
TSGR
2000 WJ 

Lost my only key

As the title says, I lost my only key and fob. What are my options? Jeep is locked, and no the keys aren't inside. How much am I looking to spend? The thing that's driving me crazy is that I know my key is here somewhere, I didn't go anywhere between the time I last had it and when I realized it was missing, but I looked everywhere.

TSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
TSGR
2000 WJ 

I FOUND IT!!!! It was on the edge of the trunk (back window glass side) of my other car. The trunk had to be open to see it. I must've searched INSIDE of the trunk 5 times today.
TSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

Glad you found it. I would like to know what would a person do if this happened? My guess the dealer could use the VIN and make one maybe?
Gran_Paradiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Lysdexic
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGR View Post
I FOUND IT!!!! It was on the edge of the trunk (back window glass side) of my other car. The trunk had to be open to see it. I must've searched INSIDE of the trunk 5 times today.
Your first stop tomorrow will be to get a spare made, right?
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Paradiso View Post
Glad you found it. I would like to know what would a person do if this happened? My guess the dealer could use the VIN and make one maybe?
Yes.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

This is what I would do. Run down to a local dealer and get the key code and immobilizer pin code. Next I would convert the key code into bitting. Then I would dial in the bitting on the cam of my key clippers and punch out a working key. Next I would use the DRB3 and the immobilizer pin code to program the key to my jeep

Going to the dealer is for NooBs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Paradiso View Post
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.