At a loss to describe - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > At a loss to describe

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Marksikern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksikern
I got a reply from Amsterdam mechanic and he said that if the vacu motor doesn't move when you switch modes that this could be the problem. It's under the dash on the heater box and to access it you need to remove the under dash panels on both the driver's & passenger sides. It Ty doesn't move when you turn the control. It it moves in one on the positions, then the vacuum motor is bad. If there is no vacuum at the motor in either position then it's a bad switch at the control head or no vacuum to the switch. I'll look at the hose you pictured me on my Jeep and see if I can figure out where it goes to and I'll get back to you. Keep me posted if you try this fix.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Does your windshield washers work?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Marksikern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickblack View Post
That little hose could be the root of all your problems. If it is by the passenger front headlight, it could be going to your vacuum reserve reservoir, which is under the front passenger headlight. Why don't you go buy a vacuum gauge for $15 and confirm your low vacuum? Then replace ALL the vacuum lines on your 14 year old rig. At this point, that should be a no brainer and can't cost more than $20 to do them all.
^
^
^
this

It looks like a vacuum hose that has come off.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
js12278
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensbar View Post
I put the screw in it so i could focus on it. That is under the passenger headlight. it does not appear worn, or ripped, if it was connected to anything it was cut from what it looks like.
That line more than likely is supposed to be connected to the vaccum reservoir that should be mounted under the battery/ inner fender well area. If you are not the original owner, this vehicle was more then likely involved in and accident and they removed the vac reservoir and left you hanging....
js12278 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
tensbar

It was in an accident, but I have had the truck for about 8yrs now. And actually until this problem I have actually had zero problems besides routine maintenance for it .None of they problems started until I took it in for an inspection. The cynical side of me wants to think they did something to it hoping I would come back for repairs.
tensbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #20
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

The unfortunate reality is things like that do happen. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.