Looking to upgrade lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking to upgrade lift

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Looking to upgrade lift

Hey everyone, I currently have a 3" OME hd lift with Bilsteins, 3/4" spacers and IRO adjustable upper and lower front control arms. I'm curious to see what it would take, or even if it's worth it, to switch to 4" springs and keep the spacers. So I would be at just under 5". I'm assuming just switching the springs and readjusting the arms and alignment is not enough.

3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
lemiller
2001 WJ 

From everything I have read on here, once you go above 4in of lift you should really look into long arms instead of adj. short arms.
lemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Before making the decision to go above 4" of lift on a WJ, you have to make sure that you possess enough money and patience to see it through. It can be an expensive and maddening process. I have seen a fair number of WJ's for sale because the current owner could not get it working right after the lift install. Just something to consider.....
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Yea that's what i figured and I'd rather do it right or not at all. My current setup has served me more than well for over a year now. Looks like I'll just stay with it.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.