Looking for some fog lights whacha think? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking for some fog lights whacha think?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #16
Retski
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets518

thats really clean, what did you make it out of and how is it mounted to the roof rails??
I uses some scrap angle iron, then boxed the ends. And bedlined it.Its attached to the factory holes that hold the roof rack on I wired it into the front of the rack and ran the wiring in the pillar down through the firewall. Came out clean the roof rack serves as a great entry point for the wiring to be ran into the cab. The bolts are 6mmx3 1/2" I think. The lights were from advanced auto fo 20 a pair. They are solid dont wobble and are bright as heck. One tip is to not lay the iron flat on the rack. It will flex and hit your sunroof if its in the vent position. Same with square, because it is one inch further back then.

RETSKI 2002 Wj Limited. 4" RC. 31" Goodyear ats. Debadged. Homeade Disco's. Quick release rear seats. Halo headlights. Euro tailights. Mtx amp under rear seat. 2 12" mtx subs. Custom Exaust, 2" wheel spacers. Trimmed front bumber. Custom lightbar & 4 55watt halogen fog lights.
Retski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
Pockets518
2001 WJ 

so theres a hole under the rack cap that lets you run into the cab? or did you have to drill?
Pockets518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Retski
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets518 View Post
so theres a hole under the rack cap that lets you run into the cab? or did you have to drill?
I had to drill into the cap and sealed it with a rubber grommet, and I had to drill into the cab, pretty simple once you have it all apart and see what you have to work with. Maybe took me an hour to drill, wire, and test. the build took about 4, measuring, cutting, grinding, welding, painting, and testing. I would probably angle the ends a bit to match the rails better, and use black chrome hardware, if I was to do it again.
RETSKI 2002 Wj Limited. 4" RC. 31" Goodyear ats. Debadged. Homeade Disco's. Quick release rear seats. Halo headlights. Euro tailights. Mtx amp under rear seat. 2 12" mtx subs. Custom Exaust, 2" wheel spacers. Trimmed front bumber. Custom lightbar & 4 55watt halogen fog lights.
Retski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #19
Pockets518
2001 WJ 

i do like it, idk how it would work for me though because i use my rack for my kayaks. may have to wait for a basket or measure it out some. thanks for all the info!!
Pockets518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

pockets you could easily make it detachable for kayaks i think if you would cut main wire outside the roof and put those prong connectors on each end of the cut wire then just un-prong and detatch the roof rack crossmember, and insert another. You would then have to find another roof rack crossmember. But if understand at all my big explanation, it just may work.
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #21
dlundblad
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
I have These, they Are great....
They look great.

Do you have any pics of them close up? How much trimming/ fabricating did you need to do before they were mounted?
Plus a few other junkyard goodies...
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #22
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlundblad

They look great.

Do you have any pics of them close up? How much trimming/ fabricating did you need to do before they were mounted?
No triming needed, they Are direct fit replacements. Sorry i do not have Any up close pics..... Yet.

This is an old pic, maybe you Get more out of That, If not Google it, they Are Spyder Halo Angel eyes fog lights.
image-1104594483.jpg  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
Pockets518
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94
pockets you could easily make it detachable for kayaks i think if you would cut main wire outside the roof and put those prong connectors on each end of the cut wire then just un-prong and detatch the roof rack crossmember, and insert another. You would then have to find another roof rack crossmember. But if understand at all my big explanation, it just may work.
Yeah I was thinking a quick disconnect and also thinking about using a factory cross bar to mount it to. I'll figure something out lol
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #24
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

thomahawk.. what tire are you running?
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #25
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94
thomahawk.. what tire are you running?
Dunlop Grandtrek PT9000, size 255/50/20

They Are simply awsome, Really can recomend those. 
image-125421989.png  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.