Looking for some 1.5 inch wheel spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking for some 1.5 inch wheel spacers

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
jhad

Looking for some 1.5 inch wheel spacers

looking for 1.5 inch wheel spacers for my 2001 jeep grand. Anything i have found online does not say that it fits my jeep. Can anyone recommend a spacer that for sure fits the 2001 grand cherokee. Thanks

jhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
ADragg
2003 WJ 

The Grand Cherokee (WJ) has a 5 on 5 lug pattern. I personally don't have any experience with wheel spacers yet, but when I get them soon, I'll go with Spydertrax. They are kind of "THE" high end wheel spacer brand and although there are much cheaper alternatives that are probably very good, Spydertrax are the only one's that I haven't heard of anybody having issues with. The main concern is to make sure you get some that are hub-centric. You DEFINITELY want hub-centric spacers. Any 5 on 5 spacer should fit your WJ, especially since they're mostly made for Jeeps (at least in that size) and the Jeep JK Wrangler is pretty much the main vehicle they make that size for. The JK and the WJ are both 5 on 5 and have the same fitment as far as the hub. So if you get any quality spacers that are hub-centric, they should fit absolutely.

Other cheaper brands that are hubcentric are Kevin's Off Road and Rough Country. I think Rusty's makes them too. They are all probably just as good as the Spydertrax, aside from maybe Spydertrax having somewhat higher quality aluminum or slightly better machining tolerance or maybe better lugs (just speculating here), but Spydertrax is the only brand I haven't heard of any issues with yet. Regardless of brand, you need to re-torque them REGULARLY. At least every time you rotate tires and I would re-check them consistently for the first few months until you're sure they're staying strong. Most people recommend Loc-Tite, which I would definitely do. I think most people who keep an eye on them and torque them regularly as well as Loc-Tite them don't have issues with the less expensive (but still quality) brands like KOR and Rough Country. But Spydertrax just seems like a better bet to me. I don't know if they invented that style of spacer or if they just popularized it and perfected it, but they are the main brand that introduced off-road worthy high end spacers, as far as I know. They're 100 bucks a pair, but I'll probably get them just to feel like I have the best/safest ones I could get. I would still be pretty confident with anything Kevin's Off Road sells, though, and I'm sure they'd be fine if you take care of them.

But yeah, you need 5 on 5 hub-centric spacers.
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

I run Rough Country, no problem with them and a little cheaper than most.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

talk to Kolak (JeepForum member and vendor). I got my Spidertrax 1.5" spacers from him for the best price I could find. Shipping takes a week or so generally (from purchase date) but it's worth it and it supports another JF member

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/built-not-bought/"]Built Not Bought # 736[/URL][/CENTER]

[color=red][B][CENTER]What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock[/CENTER][/B][/color]
lance-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

x2 on the rough countrys. Almost half the price of the spidertrax and no problems whatsoever.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Synergy suspension makes them too. Just get the ones made for JK's.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.