Looking for cheap suspension and tires - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking for cheap suspension and tires

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I see another death wobble thread coming from the OP....
Maybe he'll read the one you just posted...

-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianestep View Post
Maybe he'll read the one you just posted...
I am thinking from his original post "search is not weedhoppers friend"
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
WhileyJames

I'm not wheeling in this on its just for looks I have a wrangler I wheel in
WhileyJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

well, your cheapest option, is either an Iron Rock Offroad 3, or a Rough Country 4, and probably some rubicon take offs
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
Gunnison
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhileyJames View Post
I'm look for a lift kit the smallest and cheapest that will fit 33s and I'm looking for the cheapest mud terrains or beefy all terrains thanks
Your request is nonsensical. 33 on a GC requires about 6" of lift. Six inches of lift requires a well engineered and extensive system to retain driveability and stay away from DEATH WOBBLE.

I highly recommend using the search button and reading the thousands of posts by the Jeep GC owners that have tried what you are asking and mostly have spent more time and money on in the end to make the GC drive again.

If you want cheap get a 2" BB and 31" tires and prepare your self for the possibility of DW fixes.

If you want 33" pony up the $$ and do it right. After all you have spent money on a luxury SUV you dont want it to drive like crap.

Previous Jeeps: 57 Willys, 74 J-10, 76 J-20, 80 CJ7, 91 XJ, 97 ZJ, 97 TJ, 00 TJ, 06 LJ Rubicon, 2010 JK Rubicon 4dr.
Gunnison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnison View Post
Your request is nonsensical. 33 on a GC requires about 6" of lift. Six inches of lift requires a well engineered and extensive system to retain driveability and stay away from DEATH WOBBLE.

I highly recommend using the search button and reading the thousands of posts by the Jeep GC owners that have tried what you are asking and mostly have spent more time and money on in the end to make the GC drive again.

If you want cheap get a 2" BB and 31" tires and prepare your self for the possibility of DW fixes.

If you want 33" pony up the $$ and do it right. After all you have spent money on a luxury SUV you dont want it to drive like crap.
not true at all. plenty of people on here run 33's just fine on 3-4'' of lift. Hell, a guy even had 33's on NO LIFT. you just have to be willing to cut your fenders all the way. a BB and 33's in completely possible, esp. since he wont be taking it off road as he stated. Wheel spacers or new wheels with more BS would be needed to clear the arms but its absolutely possible. DW has nothing to do with any of this other than the bigger tires being heavier. DW can occur on any stock vehicle with a live front axle. Its easily cured in most cases by upgrading any worn steering components and control arm bushings.
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.