looking to buy a 02 wj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > looking to buy a 02 wj

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 09-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
tallzdatank
1997 TJ Wrangler 

looking to buy a 02 wj

I've got a 97 tj that just isn't enough power or comfort for me anymore (I have back issues) also I tow a small single ATV trailer behind it and that little 2.5 isn't enough. So I'm looking at an 02 grand Cherokee special edition 4.7l. I am having a hard time finding info about the special edition. Not sure which 4wd system they had transmission, etc. Anybody have some info for me that could help? Also possible common problems with these?

tallzdatank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

www.wjjeeps.com
All the info in the world.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
tallzdatank
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the specs. Extremely helpful. Any common wj problems I should look for? Issues that may arise?
Unread 09-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Have a read through here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...guide-1271979/
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallzdatank
I've got a 97 tj that just isn't enough power or comfort for me anymore (I have back issues) also I tow a small single ATV trailer behind it and that little 2.5 isn't enough. So I'm looking at an 02 grand Cherokee special edition 4.7l. I am having a hard time finding info about the special edition. Not sure which 4wd system they had transmission, etc. Anybody have some info for me that could help? Also possible common problems with these?
i have had a 2002 4.7 V8 since new...

Here are common issues:

If build date is after 2/02 then:

1) window regulator failure ..... $60 per door as a DIY ( medium complexity)
2) auto climate control blend door failure ..... $125 fix from Chrysler as a DIY
3) vacuum hoses crack in the EVAC system resulting in CEL .... $20 fix
4) radiator failure .... $200 fix as a DIY

That's been my experience. Wonderful ride for 12 years and 160,000 miles .
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
tallzdatank
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.