loctite question and some others - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > loctite question and some others

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
metalhead
2000 WJ 

loctite question and some others

I will be installing my 3 inch IRO lift soon. I would like to know if it would be a good idea to put lock tite on the bolts. I have the blue 242 type that a friend gave me or should I use another type? Also for anyone who installed this lift with adjustable upper control arms, should I make them the same length as the stock ones or how long should I make them? The lengths I saw posted were for a 4.5 inch lift. One last thing I have the bilstein shocks with the bar installed but no bolts. Someone on here used bolts from lowes I thing but can't find where I saw it. So what size bolts do I need for the front shocks?

Thanks

metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Use the blue 242, its meant for break away strength and im sure in the future youll want to remove these bolts for some reason. Red 271 is meant to be permanemt and canot be removed unless you heat it up to around 500 degrees or so.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.