Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lockers- OX or ARB for dana 44

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Apollo21 
#1 ·
Looking at a rear locker for the Dana 44. I believe i have a Dana 44 in back and Dana 30 up front?

What do you guys recommend for Easy to Moderate off roading and hill climbs?

I like that cable operated OX. Anyone Break One?

2nd ,,,,,,,,, I was told that you CANT remove the front driveshaft on a QuadraTrac system and drive around or it will burn up the transfer case????

True or False?

I was told front driveshaft is very weak and breaks and should have upgrades. If so, What?

True or False?

So if i break a shaft on a trail and have to drive back to a road will i jack up the transfer case?

True or False?

Where r my weak points on this GC Overland when it comes to 4X4ing. What needs upgrading to avoid getting stuck somewhere?

Thanks Guys..

See less See more
#2 ·
You have the dana 44A rear differential. There's only one locker in production right now for it.(I think an outfit in europe is making one nd randy's is making one soon) that's the aussie lunchbox locker.

You can remove the front shaft on the qtii equipped jeeps with no ill effect.

If you have the front shaft with two cv joints it will break with more than 3" of lift. Upgrade to a double carcan single ujoint style shaft from any of the reputable driveline shops.

If you have an overland you have quadradrive not quadratrac. That limits your lockers to zero since you've already got lsds front and rear. You'd need to install an open carrier to use an aussie in back. The qd system doesn't like tires bigger than 32 either.

Weaknesses are the same as any other grand. Armor, recovery points, and ground clearance.

#3 ·
Overlands come with pretty good sliders/skids/and hooks f/r i haven't messed with my stock armor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.