Limited Setnry Security reset - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Limited Setnry Security reset

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
4cherokee

Limited Sentry Security reset

Found a key under the dash of my Limited which I just bought used. Tried it and the chips obviously didn't match. Need to reset the Sentry Security system on my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited. Starts for 2 seconds and then stops. Nothing in the owners manual on the procedure. Can someone help!!

Last edited by 4cherokee; 10-19-2003 at 07:46 AM..
4cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #2
4cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cherokee
Found a key under the dash of my Limited which I just bought used. Tried it and the chips obviously didn't match. Need to reset the Sentry Security system on my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited. Starts for 2 seconds and then stops. Nothing in the owners manual on the procedure. Can someone help!!
Firgured this one out myself...after closer examination of the area where I found the taped key, I discovered that the taped in key is acutally providing the chip code for the sentry system. It is taped into a sensor. After placing the key back into the sensor and retaping it, my beast fired up and is running fine. You would think that with all the sophistication that is in these cars, they would think of something a little more sophisticated than a key and some electrical tape.
4cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2003, 11:59 AM   #3
jiggajeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cherokee
Firgured this one out myself...after closer examination of the area where I found the taped key, I discovered that the taped in key is acutally providing the chip code for the sentry system. It is taped into a sensor. After placing the key back into the sensor and retaping it, my beast fired up and is running fine. You would think that with all the sophistication that is in these cars, they would think of something a little more sophisticated than a key and some electrical tape.
Did it have a remote start? I've heard that when an aftermarket remote start is installed on a vehicle with some sort of sentry key, the installer must wire an extra key under the dash. This key fools the sentry system into thinking that a key is in the ignition during remote starting.

Just a thought.
'04 KJ Sport, '98 5.9 Deep Slate, FIPK2, Mopar ECU, '93 XJ Country, '92 YJ 4.0 5speed
jiggajeeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.