Lil Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lil Help Please

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
LilBoJeep

Lil Help Please

I just bought a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 140k miles on it. Good all around shape. Here's my little problem. Drivers side rear tail light is dimmer than the right side when head lights are on. When the lights are off, you apply the brakes and it lights up dimmer than the right side. When the lights are on and you apply the brakes, the drivers side brake and tail light goes out and the right side lights bright. What the hell would cause this?

I would appreciate any ideas before I tear into the electrical system.

Dave

LilBoJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
braddf
2001 WJ 

Sounds like some wires maybe crossing somewhere. Also couldn't hurt to take the terminals off for about 10 minutes to let it reset and clean them while you are at it. These jeeps tend to freak out and do some really weird things when they don't get the right amount of electricity
Unread 05-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
LilBoJeep

Ok, thanks. I'll try that first.
LilBoJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.