lights attached to brush guard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > lights attached to brush guard

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
NewYorkWJ
2002 WJ 

lights attached to brush guard

Hello.

So When I bought my jeep in july it came with this brush guard as well as 2 mounted lights attached. These lights are not working. I'm trying to trouble shoot them.

My question is where is the most likely place they would be connected to?

And before I try to search for the connection, should I check to see if its the bulbs? How would I even know what kind of bulb to buy?

Thanks.

Stock
NewYorkWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Sohcvtec1995
2001 WJ 

follow the wire. seems like you didnt do much trouble shooting at all
Sohcvtec1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
NewYorkWJ
2002 WJ 

You are correct. However, the wire seems to go into a dark abyss. Which is why I asked the question to perhaps get an idea of where it may be.
Stock
NewYorkWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
88Jeff94
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Check the grounds first, sometimes it's where the light bolts to the brushguard and that gets a bit rusty. Check the wires with a voltmeter if you have one or can borrow one. Really though you're going to have to chase the wires to check for any exposed wire causing shorts just to be safe.
88Jeff94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Astrodokk
2000 WJ 

Location: Santa Rosa, CA 1 hour north of San Francisco in wine country.
Easy to just check to see if the damn bulbs are burned first. I replaced a few of mine and oila! I thought it was going to be electrical crap and $$$! Thank GOD it was easy.
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Sohcvtec1995
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkWJ View Post
You are correct. However, the wire seems to go into a dark abyss. Which is why I asked the question to perhaps get an idea of where it may be.
your going to have to trace them back. Only 1 person knows where the wires run and thats the guy who originally installed them.
Sohcvtec1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.