lights. 2001 jeep grand Cherokee limited - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Tommy7133

lights. 2001 jeep grand Cherokee limited

I have a 01 grand Cherokee limited. Over noticed that when I leave the light switch in auto that the lights turn on by themselves for a few seconds then turn off when I have the car parked and turned off. I was wondering if anyone knew y it would do that or is it a signal for something wrong with the vehicle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 AM
jmredmond1233

If I'm not mistaken it does this when the chicle is in park but as soon as you shift it to a moving gear they come on if the lighting sensor is dark enough
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 07:49 AM
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

This is normal, mine does it. The lights will always turn on when I turn it on and go off after a few seconds when the light sensor senses all the light around it.

l 04 WJ l OME HD+3/4" spacers l Bilstein 5100 l 245/70/17 Firestone M/Ts l IRO A-Arm & CAs F & R l

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Tommy7133

Mine will flash after sitting for awhile. Like when I'm sitting in the house. I can see them flash on then off. Key is out of the ignition, in park, alarm on. Alarm doesn't sound just the lights flash on an then off. It's draining my battery.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Just leave it off and turn them on manually. There have been more than a few threads where the light sensor or switch has gone bad and the lights turn on on their own, killing the battery. Auto headlights are a gimmick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Richard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.