Lifting a WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lifting a WJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
gamblerboy95

Lifting a WJ

I have a 2001 jeep grand cherokee with a 2in spacer lift on it. I was thinking about ordering a 4in rough country lift Would I be better off adding the 4in so I have a total of 6in. Or just take off the spacers and have 4in of lift. I heard if you go up to 6in you have to replace other things

gamblerboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You need to remove the spacers and you should look into the Zone 4" lift for the money.They are much better than RC in every way (ride,quality etc..).
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
stephenpegler
2003 WJ 

If you are going to do some heavy duty off roading, I recommend the IRO 4" long arm lift. That's what I have and I love it. The ride quality is great both on or off road. But the IRO lift is kind of pricey and it totally replaces your stock suspension system. If you are not going to do a lot of real off roading, probably any of the other brand lifts but I've heard some negative comments about the on road ride quality of some brands. Search this forum for "lifts" and you will get lots of opinions.

btw, you start with buying a 4" or 6" lift kit of whatever brand, installation can be a time consuming process to remove and replace the entire suspension so you pay someone with a good shop and lift to do it, then you need new longer Bilstein shocks, then you find out that you need a new front drive shaft to accommodate the higher lift, then quick disconnects sounds like a good idea as long as you have the old suspension all torn off, big tires sounds like a cool idea, you don't want your Jeep looking silly with a big lift and little bitty stock tires, then find out that the new big tires don't fit in the spare tire well, then you have to buy an outside spare tire carrier, then you need skid plates so you can safely do some real off roading, then rock rails seems like a necessary addition to protect the sides of your Jeep from being crushed by big rocks on the trail, then a brush guard and off road lights sound like a cool addition even though it's just for looks, likewise for an expedition type roof rack, and on and on. The cost of the lift kit is just the beginning :-( See photo.
side-photo.jpg  
stephenpegler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.