2Likes
  • 1 Post By -HAZARD-
  • 1 Post By MadCharger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-18-2017, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
allyn_cj
2002 WJ 

Lifting an 02 Overland

I want to put a budget lift 2.5" spacers lift in my 02 overland, does it already have it? i know that overlands have the rough country lift or something already installed. anyone know or has done it? i want to sneak some 33's on her but theys a bit snug atm.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-18-2017, 06:33 PM
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

No it does not have a 2.5" lift. It might have an up country lift that added an inch I believe.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-18-2017, 06:58 PM
wjjeep19
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyn_cj View Post
I want to put a budget lift 2.5" spacers lift in my 02 overland, does it already have it? i know that overlands have the rough country lift or something already installed. anyone know or has done it? i want to sneak some 33's on her but theys a bit snug atm.
You're not getting 33s on that with a 2.5" lift without trimming.

Best you could do max without too much trimming is 32s (235/85/R16) but then you'll be rubbing when flexing.

2002 4.Slow
2.5" lift
Software Engineer

post #4 of 13 Old 07-18-2017, 07:56 PM
wadewen
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It has the 1" Up Country lift on it - standard with the Overland option

Here's the thread from the FAQ with the info on max lift.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/.../#post25599786

His: 97 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FSM Link:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hers: 02 WJ Overland -

FSM Link (have to create login) -
post #5 of 13 Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 PM
-HAZARD-
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewen View Post
It has the 1" Up Country lift on it - standard with the Overland option
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/.../#post25599786
While standard on an Overland, when one was ordering a made to spec vehicle, Jeep made it confusing and if the dealer checked the box that said Upcountry Suspension, they were actually unknowingly deleting the option, and not adding it like they thought. So, many Overlands were out there with standard springs.
99SK04GTX likes this.

04 Overland - 4.7HO - RC 6.5" Long Arm - 33" Pro Comp MT2's -
post #6 of 13 Old 07-20-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
allyn_cj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HAZARD- View Post
While standard on an Overland, when one was ordering a made to spec vehicle, Jeep made it confusing and if the dealer checked the box that said Upcountry Suspension, they were actually unknowingly deleting the option, and not adding it like they thought. So, many Overlands were out there with standard springs.
how do you tell if its got it or not? it looks a little higher up than most do so i would assume so... maybe check the spring specs?
post #7 of 13 Old 07-20-2017, 10:03 AM
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

You need the build sheet; with your VIN it is available from Jeep
http://jeepsies.com/jeep-build-sheet/

Getting a Jeep Build Sheet for Jeeps Built After 1998

For those of you in this category, it is fairly easy to get your Jeep build sheet. Here is what you do in four simple steps:

Step 1: Make sure you have your Jeepís 17 character VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) handy.

Step 2: They donít make the link super easy to find, but Iíll link it for you here. This link will open in a new tab so that you can refer back to these instructions. So once the new tab opens, come back to this tab to finish out the steps. Here is the next step, just click on this link: Go to this official Jeep webpage.

Step 3: Iím adding a photo for clarity here. You should now have a new tab with this page brought up on your browser.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-21-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
allyn_cj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SK04GTX View Post
You need the build sheet; with your VIN it is available from Jeep
http://jeepsies.com/jeep-build-sheet/

Getting a Jeep Build Sheet for Jeeps Built After 1998

For those of you in this category, it is fairly easy to get your Jeep build sheet. Here is what you do in four simple steps:

Step 1: Make sure you have your Jeepís 17 character VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) handy.

Step 2: They donít make the link super easy to find, but Iíll link it for you here. This link will open in a new tab so that you can refer back to these instructions. So once the new tab opens, come back to this tab to finish out the steps. Here is the next step, just click on this link: Go to this official Jeep webpage.

Step 3: Iím adding a photo for clarity here. You should now have a new tab with this page brought up on your browser.
That is wicked cool yes it has it so adding 2.5" Budget lift i should be able to fit 33's? or atleast 31's
post #9 of 13 Old 07-21-2017, 10:00 AM
blueseasons1
2000 WJ 

I have a 2000 Laredo with the Up Country package. I also looked into 2-25" budget lift. And that is when the Budget part went out the window. Because of the taller springs on the Up country lift, You will likely have to swap in different shocks and change out your front drive shaft. It's all doable but the price is much higher than the hundred bucks or so you will pay for the spacers. Had you not had the factory lift it would truly be cheaper to install a Budget Lift. At least this is my understanding.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-21-2017, 10:48 AM
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Tire size is a limitation of the wheel well openings. So unless you go with 31's or less, you'll have to trim and/or add bump stops, regardless of lift. If only driving on the road, then enough lift can avoid trimming. But if you plan to flex it, trimming will be required. I always put the size tire I want on prior to putting the lift on, and trim to make them fit with no lift as much as possible (with bump stops).

Also remember that while your upcountry springs may have added an inch back in 2002, odds are they're most likely sagging at least that 1 inch now. If you have the double cardan front drive shaft, which most Overlands come with, then you won't need to replace that.
blueseasons1 likes this.

'04 Grand Cherokee Overland || 4.7 HO || 6" Clayton || 35" Mud Country || 242HD swap
post #11 of 13 Old 07-26-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
allyn_cj
2002 WJ 

I do have a spare Driveshaft that is DC - CV anyway it needs front shocks soon anyhow. I love my wj but im not sure if ill keep it or sell it and get a pick up havent decided yet.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-30-2017, 05:37 AM
mak_v8
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HAZARD- View Post
yes..... I think this happened to mine, with the first owner...

My overland is 1 inch lower than the standard V8..., and 2 inches lower than the standard 2.7 CRD....; my crossmember and T-Case protection plate is lower than the differential cases...

Grand Cherokee WJ 4.7 V8 HO. m.y. 2002
post #13 of 13 Old 10-05-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
allyn_cj
2002 WJ 

Heres the results: 3" ProComp ES3000 with LT245/75R17E (bout 32's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.