lift kit questions? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > lift kit questions?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJLimited View Post
So this $500 kit is sounding over $1000 to me
Depends on what you are willing to do and what you want to let others do but theoretically you could do it for under 1k. Honestly, I think you are close but slightly over 1k is probably more like it after you do the DS and replaced all the worn out parts you will probably find. That is doing all the work yourself.

If you want to be under that amount you are probably looking for a 2" BB. 3" could probably be done but you are getting to the point where you might as well go 4" by the time you are done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

brouwmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
TimMcc

Yeah, it will add up quick.
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
99WJLimited
1999 WJ 

I already have a 2" bb on it and the factory springs from 99. I was thinking of doing the 4" lift because by the time I buy new springs and shocks I Will be close to the price of that 4" lift and it comes with springs and shocks lol. I know if I replace my springs I will get some added height but not sure if I want to spend the money to just keep the same height. Maybe I will just keep an eye out while at the junk yard for u joints and pick them up over time and then spring for the kit
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #19
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
I already have a 2" bb on it and the factory springs from 99. I was thinking of doing the 4" lift because by the time I buy new springs and shocks I Will be close to the price of that 4" lift and it comes with springs and shocks lol. I know if I replace my springs I will get some added height but not sure if I want to spend the money to just keep the same height. Maybe I will just keep an eye out while at the junk yard for u joints and pick them up over time and then spring for the kit
I bought my front ZJ DS from a junkyard and spent $60 on it. Then completely rebuilt it with new u joints. I think I had a little over $100 in it by the time I was done. If you are already at 3" you might not need to do everything else I did.

I just called the JY and they got it for me (they didn't have it at their yard) so they searched their network and found it.

I bought my Rough Country X - series kit for $699.00 last spring. Rides well.

I always plug the company I bought it from because they (and Rough Country) have treated me well. Contact CCOR for the best price and service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
brouwmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #20
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

What about just replacing the springs with some new Up-Country springs? I am going to be putting all new springs and isolators in my dads jeep tonight (Moog From Rock Auto) and can let you know what kind of effect we get from them. That would put you right at about 3" and you could possibly push off the front drive shaft for a bit.
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
99WJLimited
1999 WJ 

Awesome just crawled under and I have the double Cardan!
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

Get the x series kit if you go rc. It's been good for the money i spent On it so far. It's a little more coin but you get a lot better parts for the extra cash. I got mine from sd truck springs...690 shipped to my door. They have great customer service as well... I left out the shock relocation brackets, transfer case drop and elected for longer rear a arm spacer bolts fwiw.
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
99WJLimited
1999 WJ 

Im still kinda new to the whole jeep scene and what I can for the money vs quality. I dont have a lot to spend so the rough country was still more than I have but something that will be easier to obtain and comes with everything needed. Just hoping I can buy it and not have to do anything major after
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #24
fast540
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold01wj
Get the x series kit if you go rc. It's been good for the money i spent On it so far. It's a little more coin but you get a lot better parts for the extra cash. I got mine from sd truck springs...690 shipped to my door. They have great customer service as well... I left out the shock relocation brackets, transfer case drop and elected for longer rear a arm spacer bolts fwiw.
i did the exact same thing and the lift works great
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
99WJLimited
1999 WJ 

I don't do any rock climbing. I live in florida. Most of what my jeep sees is mud and trails
Unread 12-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #26
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Im still kinda new to the whole jeep scene and what I can for the money vs quality. I dont have a lot to spend so the rough country was still more than I have but something that will be easier to obtain and comes with everything needed. Just hoping I can buy it and not have to do anything major after
Just saw a RC kit from Fat Bob's on eBay for $350. 2 1/2 ".

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.