Lift Kit Help in Raleigh - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift Kit Help in Raleigh

Up to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 11-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
PackLifeNC
2001 WJ 

Wj Lift Kit Help in Raleigh

Hey guys i'm looking to purchase a lift either today or tomorrow. I've been eyeballing a RC 4" lift from Rough Country for a few day but im looking for somewhere to install it. Although I am for the most part mechanically inclined, I dont know if I can do it myself, nor do I have alot of the tools. Does anyone know of a place in the greater triangle area that installs lift kits that's not gonna break the bank. I've called a few places and the cheapest quote I've received is 900. This seems a little steep to me but on the other hand i'm not familiar with this. Any help would be appreciated or if someone could help me install it we could work something out. Before anyone says anything, no i'm not looking to have someone come over and do it for me just maybe guide me on this. Thanks guys

Unread 11-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Some parts stores rent tools for free. Probably your best bet. Also if you are going RC 4" I hope youre getting the x-series kit.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
PackLifeNC
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWJ View Post
Some parts stores rent tools for free. Probably your best bet. Also if you are going RC 4" I hope youre getting the x-series kit.
I looked at that and the standard but wasnt sure which to go with
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

You will want to go with the x-series kit. It will come with adj lower arms to fine tune the caster adj and a adj track bar. Much better setup than the entry level.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
You will want to go with the x-series kit. It will come with adj lower arms to fine tune the caster adj and a adj track bar. Much better setup than the entry level.
I'm glad you posted this. If the above is true and correct, then why should the OP not simply buy the entry level 4" kit based on the following statement from your website as to the base 4" product:

"Kit maintains stock alignment for precise high speed handling and proper caster/pinion alignment."

I would hope that RC would update the website content to be accurate and truthful, considering the naivety of many purchasers of your product, and the absurdity of that statement.

Regards.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8 View Post
I'm glad you posted this. If the above is true and correct, then why should the OP not simply buy the entry level 4" kit based on the following statement from your website as to the base 4" product:

"Kit maintains stock alignment for precise high speed handling and proper caster/pinion alignment."

I would hope that RC would update the website content to be accurate and truthful, considering the naivety of many purchasers of your product, and the absurdity of that statement.

Regards.

That kit works well on prolly 80% of the jeeps we sell them for but due to tolerance in oem spec and in our product and ZERO caster adjustment from the factory people can have DW issues. That is why I personally try and sell the x-series kit. It is what I have on my own WJ. I personally don't sugar coat it. The X-kit is better.
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
That kit works well on prolly 80% of the jeeps we sell them for but due to tolerance in oem spec and in our product and ZERO caster adjustment from the factory people can have DW issues. That is why I personally try and sell the x-series kit. It is what I have on my own WJ. I personally don't sugar coat it. The X-kit is better.
That wasn't the point. The point was, how can RC continue to make that absurd statment on its website as to the base 4" kit when, in fact, it is completely false?

I'm glad you push the X-kit. You certainly should.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
PackLifeNC
2001 WJ 

I ended up going with the 4" IRO kit. I've heard good things from numerous people so I figured i'd go ahead and dish out a little more. Pics are soon to come
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackLifeNC View Post
I ended up going with the 4" IRO kit. I've heard good things from numerous people so I figured i'd go ahead and dish out a little more. Pics are soon to come
Good deal. IRO are good people. Hope you enjoy it.
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
PackLifeNC
2001 WJ 

Oh i'm sure I will. I have a trip scheduled to Uwharrie two weekends from now so we will see what it can handle

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.