Lets see some pics, Ipod/Iphone mounts? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lets see some pics, Ipod/Iphone mounts?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
JustStew
2004 WJ 

Didn't see this thread before I made a new one. This is mine tho:

image-2222469311.jpg

JustStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
js12278
1999 WJ 

I use this, best gift ever.
http://www.amazon.com/XVSAP1V1-SkyDo...ywords=skydock
js12278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #33
ram1320
2004 WJ 

Akron seat bolt mount. Sits a little low so you have to look down but its a comfortable spot for touchscreens. Its universal and will hold small 7" tablets
image-450353074.jpg  
ram1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post

Im just giving you hell. Its funny the lengths people will go to to defend the shiny.

I do IT support, and deal with every different device out there. The iPhone would be in my pocket if: the battery was removable, iTunes didn't exist, I could manage the files myself, and all applications didn't have to be Apple approved, and there was removable storage.
I do the same work and I agree with everything you just said about Apple products. I don't much like Android, though, just a personal dislike, I guess, but I am typing this on an iPad2 :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #35
A_Cadilli
1999 WJ 

My DIY dock, for all you non smokers out there. Free, works, hidden. It just leans against the climate controls. And it holds in position pretty well when wheelin.

image-2588993317.jpg

image-692577778.jpg

image-2116764795.jpg
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #36
Thegdog
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Im just giving you hell. Its funny the lengths people will go to to defend the shiny.

I do IT support, and deal with every different device out there. The iPhone would be in my pocket if: the battery was removable, iTunes didn't exist, I could manage the files myself, and all applications didn't have to be Apple approved, and there was removable storage.
I use Apple becaouse of the ecosystem. I have a iPhone, iPad, Macbook, and Macbook air at work. They work togeather so well, and I don't have to use 10 diffrent online services to have harmony with my tech. I also work in the live sound/visual field so Macs are in!

But back on topic.

I use a suction mount from OWC for my iPhone. Works really well, but the pads fell off one day and I couldn't find them. Using some random foam on the sides. looks kinda silly.

http://www.newertech.com/products/iphnumount.php
Thegdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #37
Thegdog
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cadilli View Post
My DIY dock, for all you non smokers out there. Free, works, hidden. It just leans against the climate controls. And it holds in position pretty well when wheelin.
Are you running power to it, for charging? I assume so, how are you running cable?
Thegdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
A_Cadilli
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegdog

Are you running power to it, for charging? I assume so, how are you running cable?
It does charge my older iPod but not my iphone :/ The cable goes through a hole in the ash tray, into the dash and into a converter box then RCA into the deck.
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #39
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Here's where I would put an iPhone.

One reason why Iphones suck, paying more for the phone just for more storage, im trying to get the galaxy S4. I can pay $15 for 32 g micro sd. As for my ipod, I just went with fully integrated stereo (Alpine IDA-X100) and left the ipod in the glove box.
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #40
RULINGCHAOS
2001 WJ 

I will just simply state that this thing is no joke. It is not going anywhere. I am fairly sure I could smash into a brick wall and it might still be attached to the dash.

But .... even left sucked to the dash for a couple hours.. it DID leave an indentation in the dash. Granted, the dash is a tad bit soft. On hard plastic I do not think that anything will happen. Of course, I could stick it to my windshield. It was my choice.

If you want security, buy this. Your phone wont go anywhere. Ever.
RULINGCHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.