Left turn signal not working on my 99 WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Left turn signal not working on my 99 WJ

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIntroducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

Left turn signal not working on my 99 WJ

Went to use the left turn signal today while driving and it blinked 2 times then stopped. Each time I would turn it on for about 8 times it blinked twice and then stopped. Then it quite all together. The right side works fine and I can hear the relay clicking. When I turn on the flashers only the right side works and not the left. I have replaced all the bulbs front and rear on the left side and no luck. The brake and parking lights work fine, its just the left turn signal. Is it possible for a bad relay to only affect one side? Or do I have a wiring problem?

Unread 03-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
straty1987

take the bulb socket out and check the connection point in the housing and on the socket. might have to just scrap then a bit and lift up the tabs a bit in the housing for the turn signal bulb on the left side. worked for mine and a few other people i know only other thing might be a bad wire or bad housing
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

I'll try that tomorrow.
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

Got bored and decided to swap out the relay from one WJ to the other. That was the problem. Thank God! I was dreading tracking down a bad wire. Now I have to order one from the stealership cause I hear that's the only place to get one.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.