LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #76
stone white 99

i'm having trouble finding a power source that works and saw the pic of the wire in the fuse panel. Do you just tuck the wire into one side of the fuse terminal and install the fuse? What did you do for a ground?
Would like to have them come on with the parking lights.
Anyone wire them to the parking/headlights?

These are really a great modernizing addition with a real OEM look.

stone white 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #77
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

You could try the power for the ashtray light if you have one. That one turns on with the parking lights, might be worth a shot...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #78
VestaviaPirate
2004 WJ 

Sent a message to the vendor, asking if he had any in stock and if he could ship me one. No response yet.

When was the last time someone received their LED rings from these guys? Just curious, would like to buy if they are still in business.
VestaviaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #79
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaviaPirate View Post
Sent a message to the vendor, asking if he had any in stock and if he could ship me one. No response yet.

When was the last time someone received their LED rings from these guys? Just curious, would like to buy if they are still in business.
Sorry I missed this earlier. Did you get an email response? I thought I had replied to everyone that sent me a message. My CNC was down for an extended period, but is now back up. As far as being still in business, I'm just a guy with a basement workshop. I'm still making rings as time allows. It was thanks to a few guys prompting me to make a few rings for them, that I even started this endeavor. If anyone has any questions at all, PM me here, or contact me through the site. I'm typically not too far from my phone. By the way, I do have some WJ rings currently on hand.

Edit: Haha, I guess I should have cross-referenced my email before replying to this. We did talk after all.
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #80
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Interested as well, I sent you a Pm!
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #81
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit84 View Post
Interested as well, I sent you a Pm!
Responded!
Unread 03-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #82
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Just got mine installed! Originally tried tapping into the shifter light but wasn't powering up. So I tapped into the cig lighter.
image-4275123026.jpg

96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #83
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Whoa whoa whoa, you made them with jeep in the centers? I might need to buy a new set
Unread 03-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #84
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, you made them with jeep in the centers? I might need to buy a new set
I did indeed.
Unread 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #85
04jeep_gc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit84 View Post
Just got mine installed! Originally tried tapping into the shifter light but wasn't powering up. So I tapped into the cig lighter.
That is incredible, i think i need a pair.
Thats some weird stuff rite there remind me not to wheel alone in kentuckey.
04jeep_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #86
dadamets
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

Sorry I missed this earlier. Did you get an email response? I thought I had replied to everyone that sent me a message. My CNC was down for an extended period, but is now back up. As far as being still in business, I'm just a guy with a basement workshop. I'm still making rings as time allows. It was thanks to a few guys prompting me to make a few rings for them, that I even started this endeavor. If anyone has any questions at all, PM me here, or contact me through the site. I'm typically not too far from my phone. By the way, I do have some WJ rings currently on hand.

Edit: Haha, I guess I should have cross-referenced my email before replying to this. We did talk after all.
Sent you a PM!
dadamets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #87
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

the newer ones use the same ends as the older design im guessing? how much for a set without the wiring, just cup inserts?
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #88
red2black00
2000 WJ 

How much for a set?
red2black00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #89
VestaviaPirate
2004 WJ 

Got mine yesterday, installed today. They look great and installation was pretty straight forward.

I tapped them in to the cig lighter and grounded it like my radar detector (also powered by the cig lighter).

Issue is, the lights light up, but only blue. None of the buttons on the controller seem to work, can't turn off or change anything. I thought it could be the power source, but since they light up blue and not white (like other people's issue) and they won't turn off or turn on AND that same power source powers the radar detector, I figure it's not the source. I've also tried to turn off the radar detector and aux port that uses the cig lighter just to test; same result. Only lights up blue and can't change any settings.

I'm out of ideas with troubleshooting. What else could I try? Thanks for your help!
VestaviaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #90
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

I believe cigarette lighter is a constant 12 volt power source you need something that turns on with the key

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.