LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #61
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B
There is an on off switch built into the little controller... if you hold the center button down for a couple seconds it will turn off, so I didn't add a switch
Did not know that. Learn something new everyday.

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #62
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly

Just like this.
How exactly did you get that in there? I connected mine directly to the back of the cigarette lighter, and sometimes the wires get burning hot. I don't know why it's pulling to much. It's connected to speaker wire.

It worked great all night. Now today it wants to get so hot that its pretty much melting the speaker wire. Only the the switch. After that everything is good.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #63
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino

How exactly did you get that in there? I connected mine directly to the back of the cigarette lighter, and sometimes the wires get burning hot. I don't know why it's pulling to much. It's connected to speaker wire.

It worked great all night. Now today it wants to get so hot that its pretty much melting the speaker wire. Only the the switch. After that everything is good.
Pulled the fuse. Stripped the end of the wire. Push/plugged end of the wire in. Put the fuse back in.
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #64
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Sucks having big hands and not being able to get into tight places. Lol
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #65
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Can anyone give me insight as to why the speaker wire is getting hot to the point of melting when the lights are on and the cigarette lighter is in use? I understand common sense says its drawing to much power... But why is no one else having this issue? Even if plugging into the fuse box itself instead of connecting at the point of the cigarette lighter, the amount of power being drawn should still run through that point and the speaker wire...
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #66
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Can anyone give me insight as to why the speaker wire is getting hot to the point of melting when the lights are on and the cigarette lighter is in use? I understand common sense says its drawing to much power... But why is no one else having this issue? Even if plugging into the fuse box itself instead of connecting at the point of the cigarette lighter, the amount of power being drawn should still run through that point and the speaker wire...
I don't know. It's just 5 volt LED's and should be pulling only a small amount of amperage. You may want to pm the guy who makes those and ask him. Maybe you got a defective set.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #67
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick

I don't know. It's just 5 volt LED's and should be pulling only a small amount of amperage. You may want to pm the guy who makes those and ask him. Maybe you got a defective set.

Ok. Made no sense to me. Also, it's only set to blue. None of the buttons work to change colors, intensity, etc. no matter where I pull the power from.
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #68
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

You might want to try another power source. When I first hooked mine up it was only white, tried another power wire and was able to change the colors.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #69
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

After talking with elcorvino, I'm going to send him a new controller. There should definitely not be any wires getting hot. The controller will get warm, but not uncomfortably so. Out of all the sets that I've sent out, he was unlucky enough to have the only bad controller I know of...
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #70
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Can't argue that. Does sound about my luck. Haha
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #71
aralph30
2003 WJ 

How much is this
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #72
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
How much is this
Pm CRAIGBRU and ask him if he is still making them.

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #73
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Just curious, if you leave the controller in an accessible place, can you change the color and intensity whenever you want?
DavisI is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #74
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Hey guys, I am still making these. Although I'm currently overhauling my CNC, I should have the new versions in stock some time next week.

To answer your question DavisI, yes, as long as you can access the controller, the color and intensity can be changed at any time.
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #75
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Alright, cool. Ill definitely be picking these up at some point
DavisI is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.