LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004)

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 06-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #31
skijeepn

I know it's been a while but any chance I can get my hands on one if these kits?

skijeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #32
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijeepn View Post
I know it's been a while but any chance I can get my hands on one if these kits?
Yep, I made another set last night. I've got 2 sets total in stock at the moment. Head on over to Jeep-Core.com and order up.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #33
spud2388

are they both the same diameter or are they different like the stock cup holders are?
spud2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #34
Caelum
2003 WJ 

They fit in perfect at the bottom
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #35
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud2388 View Post
are they both the same diameter or are they different like the stock cup holders are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
They fit in perfect at the bottom
They both will measure 68mm and should fit perfectly in the bottom. Are you sure you have two different diameters on yours? As far as I know, all WJ's should be the same. If yours is not, I'd certainly like to know so I could adjust my fitment.
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #36
Caelum
2003 WJ 

I think hes talking about the part above the bottom on the drivers side cup holder to put larger cups in they are all the same size
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #37
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I think hes talking about the part above the bottom on the drivers side cup holder to put larger cups in they are all the same size
Ah, okay. That would make sense then. Thanks for clarifying.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #38
mwebb41231
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Another request here for where that woodgrain kit came from..... Lights will come later.
Sorry it took a while to answer. I think I ordered it from carID and I think it was made by Remin. But later on after googling woodgrain dash kits for 2000 grand cherokee a site came up that had all the pieces the remin kit had plus the shifter pieces and a piece that went on the face of the Radio/Cassette/CD. i called that company and told them I had bought a kit from remin earlier but now wished I had waited and found their site since I really liked those pieces. Anyway we e mailed back and forth a couple of times and they agreed to just cut those two pieces for me. they charged me the price for each piece and maybe a little more. The problem is I cant remember the second company I got those pieces from. I think I saw a picture of it somewhere and would just google it in different ways( woodgrain dask kits or jeeps, woodgrain trim for Grand cherokee etc) until I stumbled upon it. But yeah if you can find it just order the whole kit from them since theirs has more pieces then the kit from Remin
mwebb41231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #39
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Just placed my order... can't wait to see these installed.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #40
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
Just placed my order... can't wait to see these installed.
Awesome! I've got them boxed up and ready to go. Be sure to take lots of pics once installed!
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #41
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
They are 37.50 shipped anywhere in the US. That includes a pair of rings, a Y splitter, the RGB controller, and a pair each of wire taps and spade connectors.
What do they tap into, and where do you store the controller? In the ash tray, or in my case, the empty space where an ash tray would go? I wish someone would make a small drawer, like what I used to have on my '91 XJ.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #42
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
What do they tap into, and where do you store the controller? In the ash tray, or in my case, the empty space where an ash tray would go? I wish someone would make a small drawer, like what I used to have on my '91 XJ.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
I'm still waiting on some install pics from anyone that has put them in a WJ. So, I'm not sure. Any switched 12v source would do fine. As far as the controller, once set, it's usually not something you will need to access frequently. You pick a color and intensity level, and it remembers, until you change it. You can stash it anywhere you want. Yeah, I know that's a little vague, lol. I don't have a WJ, so I can't document it myself.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I'm still waiting on some install pics from anyone that has put them in a WJ. So, I'm not sure. Any switched 12v source would do fine. As far as the controller, once set, it's usually not something you will need to access frequently. You pick a color and intensity level, and it remembers, until you change it. You can stash it anywhere you want. Yeah, I know that's a little vague, lol. I don't have a WJ, so I can't document it myself.
when i install mine i'll post up some pics of where I mount the controller, and tap into the power wires. can't wait
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #44
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Cool!
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #45
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

image-3411772455.jpg
cr8zynelly is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.