LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
mwebb41231
2000 WJ 

LED lighted cup holder for WJ (1999-2004)

Hi guys,
just wanted to post some pics of some custom lights for the cup holder in my 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo. While looking in the WK forum I came across a guy who was making them for his WK model and they looked awesome. He began to get tons of requests to make them for other members and started doing so. I and a bunch of others kept asking him to make some to fit other models such as my 2000 and he did. If you want to see pictures of some some he has made and pictures of others who have installed them in there Jeeps go to the WK forum and browse for lighted cup holders or here is the link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...lders-1484603/ I will try to upload some pics of mine if I can figure it out. I should have taken them at night because they look really awesome then, so not sure if yiou can get the feel with the pics I took in the day. The ligths are cool, it comes with a controller that allows you to choose many different colors,(red, green, blue, orange, turquise, etc) and 4 brightness levels. You can even tell it to randomly change colors automatically and the speed at which the colors change. Anyway here are my pics:

mwebb41231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Jeepers21
2004 WJ 

I want....
We have room but for one flag, the American flag . . . We have room but for one language, and that is the English language . . . And we have room for but one sole loyalty...and that is a loyalty to the American people. T. Roosevelt 1919
Jeepers21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
mwebb41231
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers21 View Post
I want....
Thanks.They look even better at night. The guy who makes them is super nice too.
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

That's pretty cool but is that wood grain on your shifter bezel? And around your cup holder? I've never seen that before.

On a side note these cup holders can go to hell. I've never had more drinks fall over in any other vehicle. Got a fix for that?

Bot, I do like the LEDs gj

Sent from the top of my VISA card
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Hey, those do look fantastic! (I'm seeing them installed for the first time myself, haha.)
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
KrazedKustumz

They are awesome
KrazedKustumz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
mwebb41231
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon916 View Post
That's pretty cool but is that wood grain on your shifter bezel? And around your cup holder? I've never seen that before.

On a side note these cup holders can go to hell. I've never had more drinks fall over in any other vehicle. Got a fix for that?

Bot, I do like the LEDs gj

Yes it is wood grain. I ordered a kit for the 2000 model and it came with lots of pieces. even the face of the radio/cd/casette is wood grain. Ive never had too many spiils in mine but i know what you mean. Jeeps cup holders dont seem to hold tall containers as secure as others, but mine have done pretty well or maybe Ive just been lucky lol
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
mwebb41231
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Hey, those do look fantastic! (I'm seeing them installed for the first time myself, haha.)
Thanks Craig. You do awesome work. I should have taken more pics with all the different colors. My phone kind of washes out the color a little when it takes the pics. so in person the color is way more vivid, the pictures really dont do them justice. You should post the direct link on how to order them from you for all the WJ owners who may want some. Plus I would like it to so I can order the remote control feature for the LED's.
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
You have obviously never owned a 90s Camaro. The WJs cup holders are like skinny jeans compared to those (or should I say "it").

Very nice looking. Do you have any more pictures of that dash kit?
Schlotzky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb41231

Yes it is wood grain. I ordered a kit for the 2000 model and it came with lots of pieces. even the face of the radio/cd/casette is wood grain. Ive never had too many spiils in mine but i know what you mean. Jeeps cup holders dont seem to hold tall containers as secure as others, but mine have done pretty well or maybe Ive just been lucky lol
Uh so where did you order this kit? I want one.

Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Jaspah
2002 WJ 

Quote:
The WJ's front cup holders aren't too bad, actually. Most vehicles I've drove or rode in have those stupid pull out trays that don't do ****.

I've found that the one farthest away from you (the smaller cupholder) does a pretty good job at holding drinks. At least for me.
Jaspah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
JimJ_99WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
I've got the fix to cups falling over, I'll post soon in a new post after I take some picts
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb41231 View Post
Thanks Craig. You do awesome work. I should have taken more pics with all the different colors. My phone kind of washes out the color a little when it takes the pics. so in person the color is way more vivid, the pictures really dont do them justice. You should post the direct link on how to order them from you for all the WJ owners who may want some. Plus I would like it to so I can order the remote control feature for the LED's.
Thanks man. It all started pretty simply. I made some for myself and posted in the 'What did you do to your WK/XK today?' thread. It turns out that a lot of other guys liked them too, so I thought I'd make sets for whoever wanted some. I want to support fellow Jeep owners, so I decided to make sets for any Jeep vehicle as long as I can get measurements. Regarding the remote control, it's still a few weeks off. I will keep the updates rolling at Jeep-Core.com.
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
JimJ_99WJ
1999 WJ 

As promised, I've posted my fix to the cup holder engineering disaster. see it here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/c.../#post15508357
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

It's not just your WJ that has poorly designed cup holders, I have a 2012 Mazda 3 that likes to spill just about every darn thing you put into the 'holders'
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.