led head lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > led head lights

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
andygio71
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B

If you look at the pics the focal point in the bulb is at the same point, and since the bulbs are 9006 it shouldn't need a projector. I might bite the bullet and order a set in the next month here...
If you do, please let us know how well they work. That would be great to see

andygio71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Ok I'll say it. Every one here keeps saying that you have to have projectors because going from halogen to hid with out them will cause a poor light pattern. So why wouldn't these be an issue. they only cast light from two sides.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #18
andygio71
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27
Ok I'll say it. Every one here keeps saying that you have to have projectors because going from halogen to hid with out them will cause a poor light pattern. So why wouldn't these be an issue. they only cast light from two sides.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
You can't use HIDs in halogen housings because the actual light source is a different shape, and in a different placement the housing. A great source for why everyone here says to not use HIDs in halogen housings is here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

Those lights claim that with those LEDs they project 360 degrees, which seems quite possible. If they are in the same position as the conventional bulb, then I don't see why they couldn't imitate the light pattern of the bulb it replaces. That being said, this same site sells HID kits, which as you'll see in the link above, are a bad joke. So you're right to question the validity of the claims made.

Retrofitted LED headlights seem to be relatively new territory, so unless you're able to find comparisons of these bulbs, you're taking a gamble by buying them. Of course, I'd assume they have a return policy but you never know. A safer bet are HIR bulbs, which are pretty much the same brightness if I remember correctly. They need to be notched slightly to fit the stock headlight housings, and they'll burn out eventually. But at roughly $80-100 for all four, they're much cheaper than those LEDs

Here's one of many threads (on many forums for all kinds of cars) on the HIRs: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ights-1442033/
andygio71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.