laredo plastic rocker trim - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > laredo plastic rocker trim

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 10-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
cherokee00SE
2000 WJ 

Wj laredo plastic rocker trim

hi all,
my limited has recently developed some rust along the rockers due to the lovely michigan winters. i tried allll the rust "stopping" products out there and of course nothing works. so now what i think id like to do is throw some of that laredo plastic trim down there. not the thick part that goes over the doors, just the thin rocker piece. does anyone know where i can buy something like that? online searches havent been too successful. thanks

cherokee00SE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

car-part.com

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

get ahold of your local line x shop i work for a line x in lancaster and this is what i did to my jeep when my rockers devolded a rust hole. plan on dooing the door moldings and front and rear bumpers soon as well. more expensive route but with fix the rust for life. covering it will do nothing but spread the rust faster.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited .
Ryan218 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan218 View Post
get ahold of your local line x shop i work for a line x in lancaster and this is what i did to my jeep when my rockers devolded a rust hole.... covering it will do nothing but spread the rust faster.
Dont mean to pester but isnt that exactly what line-x would be doing? I ask because I have soft rockers and am looking for a good solution to stop the rust.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
cherokee00SE
2000 WJ 

yeah ive had no luck with bed liner :/ i was PM'ed earlier about a product from eastwood.com called rust converter. he said he had the same winter/salt caused rust and he used this product and covered with color matched paint and has been good for years. sounds like its worth a try, and its $20
cherokee00SE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

some yes. it depends what you ask them to do and what your willing to pay, now ive worked at body shops as well and many body shops will refuse to do rocker work because the rust always comes back. this is because there not fixing the inner rust but only the outer rust issue.

line x is a far superior protective coating then anything else out there on the market. nothing you can get in a spray can or gallon can will even come close to as stong as line x is.

linex.com check it out. you would be surprised how many wranglers are out there with the inner tubs that have line x.

what i did for mine and what ive done on many dodges, ford, chevy trucks and a few jeeps have been to grind the rust away to bare metal, then inside the rocker where you WILL find rust on the inside ive cut a larger hole just a rounded wire wheel inside the rocker to get all the lose rust knocked off. then i use por 15 inside the rust hole to prevent it from rusting the inside out again. then chicken wire and duraglass the hole. let it dry sand it smooth and prep the truck or suv to spray line x.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited .
Ryan218 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.