KOR bushing install? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > KOR bushing install?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
brianestep
2000 WJ 

KOR bushing install?

Am I stupid, or is there a trick to installing the KOR bushings in the JKS trackbar? I cannot press them in any further than about halfway. I greased them like a maniac and have been pressing/ hammering etc. I dont want to mar them too bad... I also cannot get them out... how does everyone remove them to re-grease? Screwdriver prying is gouging a little... I feel dumb...

-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

socket, 2x4 and a hammer. A vice would be better.
Once sleeve is removed, try going in at a slight angle and tapping out one side. after that use a large socket to press out remaining bushing.

I tapped mine for a zirc fitting to re-grease without removal. WARNING: too much grease will deform the bushing and cause it to wear out prematurely. Mine did. File some passageways for the grease to get in to the bushing and relieve the pressure and you should be golden.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
socket, 2x4 and a hammer. A vice would be better.
Once sleeve is removed, try going in at a slight angle and tapping out one side. after that use a large socket to press out remaining bushing.

I tapped mine for a zirc fitting to re-grease without removal. WARNING: too much grease will deform the bushing and cause it to wear out prematurely. Mine did. File some passageways for the grease to get in to the bushing and relieve the pressure and you should be golden.
Nice... yea I just found a 2x4 in the garage so I'm doing that now... I am also planning on tapping for zerk, but that will be later. Need to make it driveable first
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

I had to take mine to work to use the 20ton press. I was unable to get them in with either a BFH or my vice.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
brianestep
2000 WJ 

I don't know if you guys tried this, but it was way easier pushing the bushings in first and then tapping the sleeve through the middle... Like WJChris kinda said... Too much pressure to do one bushing with the sleeve and then the other bushing.
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
wschilawski
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianestep View Post
Nice... yea I just found a 2x4 in the garage so I'm doing that now... I am also planning on tapping for zerk, but that will be later. Need to make it driveable first
did you ever end up putting zerks in? I've been thinking about doing the same because of the crazy creaks and squeaks I get.
2 BDS Lift | Spacer | JKS Adj. TrackBar | ProComp Shocks | KOR TB Bushings | KOR SS | IRO Upper/Lower Control Arms | Kenwood eXcelon Head Unit | Sony Speakers | RC 1.5 Wheel Spacers | 255/70/16 General AT2s | Predator Bullbar w/ Fawkes Relocation | Rage Roof Rack | 8,000K HID Conversion | Hella 500FF Lights | K&N FIPK Intake | Titletown Jeepers
wschilawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschilawski View Post

did you ever end up putting zerks in? I've been thinking about doing the same because of the crazy creaks and squeaks I get.
Go to Napa and buy a tube of Sil-Glyde. It's a silicone based lubricant that's safe for urethane and rubber. Take your bushings apart and line them and the track bar eyelets up real well and you'll be good to go.
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post

Go to Napa and buy a tube of Sil-Glyde. It's a silicone based lubricant that's safe for urethane and rubber. Take your bushings apart and line them and the track bar eyelets up real well and you'll be good to go.
I'll have to try this on my Zone swaybar links. They get a bit chatty in the colder months.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Mine went in VERY easily, i installed bushings then the sleeve... strange. I may have used a little lithium grease to ease the installation.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #10
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschilawski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Yea SilGlyde for sure. Sprayed em down with it on install, thinking I'd probably end up having to zerk them later, but all is quiet so far. Plus it's so much less messy than blasting them full of grease gun lube.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.