Kolak Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Kolak Exhaust

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

Kolak Exhaust

Hi All,

I Just installed my Kolak exhaust onto my 03 WJ.. AND MY GOD!! What a difference. I will tell you all, I have gained 4 MPG and driven over 400 miles since yesterday with in on. Fully welded it on. Could not have asked for a better system/setup.

If ANYONE is thinking of upgrading this is the man to go to pm kolak or email him at kolak@aol.com or call him (his name is nick) at (480)-998-3661

img_0619.jpg   img_0624.jpg  
WJEEPSMASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
JRobes
2004 WJ 

youtube vid with sound? I'm debating this upgrade as well
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Kolak
Vendor

Completely off topic, but what's on the peak above the door of the house next to your Jeep? Is that a face? Looks intriguing...
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

I have a better pic of it all I actually painted it all down with exhaust paint, I'll get that up soon... You tube coming soon... And that is my friends neighborhood... we call it the haunted house. Welcome to worcester mass... tons of old houses with a lot of history but we are not sure about the owner or the house!
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

Do the upgrade TRUST ME you will not regret it.. I get people in Mustangs. Challengers, Chargers, some chevy/ford/dodge trucks give me triple takes cause it's a WJ... It is sooooooo worth it...
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
itsbrokeagain

Im going to end up doing a full custom setup on mine, almost every truck Ive had I built an exhaust for....only difference is that im replacing the magnaflow you got there with an ultraquiet resonator from Vibrant. Built my toyotas exhaust from all Vibrant parts, was quiet and gave the truck some much needed punch.
itsbrokeagain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

That's the entire exhaust system right, cat's and everything? How much for all that?
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
1greg42
2001 WJ 

how much was it...im looking into an exhaust upgrade in the future
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Love mine as well!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Looks good cant wait to see the youtube vid, i am considering doing something similar but i don't have the center cat like yours does....did you go with the 70 series muffler?
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep04
Looks good cant wait to see the youtube vid, i am considering doing something similar but i don't have the center cat like yours does....did you go with the 70 series muffler?
Vid in my profile with 70 muff
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Just watched it thomahawk, it sounds good nice and deep, even watched your winter driving one and damn dude i was concerned for you passing that semi,.... i wonder what it would sound like with a resonator where the earlier wj's have their main cat as this is what Kolak suggests doing if your 04 doesn't have a main cat and i'm not sure about putting a resonator where there wasn't one when i have never had drone problems other then with a 44 & 40 series flowmasters which i don't intend on using.
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thanks, its sure sound deeper in real life, vid is made with iPhone only, mic does not capture the deepest tones. I really enjoy the sound everyday, Get compliments for it all the time.

And yeah, That Winter driving is funny, was great amount of new snow on the Road That day, 3th day of winters biggest snow storm.
I love Winter driving,,,,
Quadradrive + Hakkapelitta = AWSOME traction
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

it cost I believe thru Kolak $379 + shipping... But COntact him he would have the cost specifics cause it may changed based off shipping.. Yes 70 series muffler... You Tube Video I have SUCKS it's way to distorted Its been raining all day here in Mass, I will try and get a good one But on the high way in the car and when I am passing MY GOD what a sound! It is awesome!!!
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
jeep04
2004 WJ 

I'm sure it sounds good but what are you comparing it to.....just stock? I look forward to seeing the video but no matter how high quality it still sounds different in person which is why I ask what you were comparing it with......I have had way to many mufflers (6) and one is always to loud and the other to quite....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.