Knocking Sound After Seafoaming - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Knocking Sound After Seafoaming

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #76
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Why don't you answer the questions? You are quick to jump, but have no answers to anything ive asked.

QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #77
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJlover View Post
i think what shocking wants, is the shop/dealership to credit the customer in some way, to make up for the extra time it took for the service.
So if you build a car that only costs 5k and the manufacture sells it for 10k, should he get a check for the difference?
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #78
WJlover
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
So if you build a car that only costs 5k and the manufacture sells it for 10k, should he get a check for the difference?
no...
what im saying, is if a customer goes into his dealership for a simple service that the computer, and service center both say it takes an hour, then the customer expects it to be done in an hour. if it suddenly takes 2 hours, the customer will want either a really good explanation, or some compensation.
me personally, if an oil change takes longer than it should, now i want a coupon or discount or something for my next oil change.

as far as what happened with shocking, services being done he didnt need or want, i would want my next service, excluding parts to be free.
id want the labor costs to be removed.
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #79
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Usually when it takes longer then expected you know its going to so you tell the customer, not let them wait in the waiting room not knowing whats going on.

when I diag a car and we say its going to be an hour and we cant figure it out in that hour. Who pays for the extended time?

EDIT: 500 posts woop
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #80
WJlover
1999 WJ 

a diag can never truly be guarenteed to take a certain amount of time unless its simple and the customer can accurately describe whats going on.
so ill give you the diag.

but a simple service, shouldnt take double the time, or even more. ya **** happens, but running into a corroded nut or stripped bolt... shouldnt make the time go up much. and should be quickly remedied.

how about this for an example.
you go to the grocery store and end up with a gallon of sour milk.
you want some compensation from the store for selling you sour milk right?

just saying
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #81
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

You just proved my point. That's exactly how plumbers, electrician or anyone in the trade works. How do you think people make money?

You provided a link that has nothing to do with what you said on where the money goes, just on how much techs make.. I make $30.75 an hour, that link was quite low You said you couldn't figure out why 95 dollar labor times were so high if the tech "wasn't making half of that". So go on answer my questions for the 4th now 5th time?

From reading your other posts on other threads I can safely assume you don't really know what your talking about on anything. The sad part is that im only two years older then you lol
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #82
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJlover View Post
a diag can never truly be guarenteed to take a certain amount of time unless its simple and the customer can accurately describe whats going on.
so ill give you the diag.

but a simple service, shouldnt take double the time, or even more. ya **** happens, but running into a corroded nut or stripped bolt... shouldnt make the time go up much. and should be quickly remedied.

how about this for an example.
you go to the grocery store and end up with a gallon of sour milk.
you want some compensation from the store for selling you sour milk right?

just saying

that's your own fault for not looking at the date
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #83
WJlover
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
that's your own fault for not looking at the date
completely missing the point.

you pay for a service, you expect the service promised to you.
you pay for a product, you expect the product promised.

shocking used a better example than i did with the plumber and electrician.
dont charge me 3 hours worth of work that was done in an hour.

i dont expect my job to pay me overtime if i dont work overtime...
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #84
WJlover
1999 WJ 

oh, heres a good example.
i drive a taxi, when someone calls and asks "how much will portsmouth to dover cost?"
ill give them a rough quote "probably about 30-35"

if i get them there for $25, i dont charge them 30.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #85
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

That's the difference between our jobs, I can make 20hrs by working 8. But again that how these trade services work. You are paying for that person knowledge tools and services, again plumber says it takes 1hr and it takes two, the customer makes out, if the plumber takes half hour then he makes out. Its a win/win lose/lose for everyone.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #86
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

neat! I couldn't tell from your grammar hat you passed the 8th grade....
Don't blame me you had to do child labor because your family couldn't afford to keep you, I too put myself through college and actually graduated from high school with my associates degree in Biotechnology and then got my degree in business, im no dumb grease monkey. So when you were a teenager you worked a dealership and now you know the in and outs of it bwhahahah.. what did you do? Change oil?

Pssst.... still haven't answered my questions though!
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #87
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
It shows you are some dumb grease monkey.

As for the $95/hour wasn't my gripe it was that they kick up the amount of time it takes on the books then what it actually takes. You say it covers overhead but they also up the price of parts and fluids by 30% let me guess overhead for that too. I find it comical that other shops charge a much more respectable price for the same service. Dealership service centers are dropping left and right just like the autobody division. I guess the others that are telling you the same thing are also uneducated too.

FYI I did graduate from high school at 17 one year ahead. Your problem is you sucked on your mommy just to long, and it shows. Never had to change oil for a living just tell peeons like you too.

I chose to leave my parents at a young age, I liked independence and still do.
you mad.

If you go back and read your posts that's not what you asked. At all. Where are you getting these numbers for 30% mark up on fluids? I wanna see proof, because I know for a fact that's coming right out of your ***. You must live in some Podunk hillbilly town because dealerships are popping up left and right here, again another thing you are just making up. Our labor is actually not bad for time, pepboys down the road is actually ore expensive. Bring your jeep there and see what happens... So what you are saying is that everyone I talk to in the automotive field are uneducated? lollolol
"Never had to change oil for a living just tell peeons like you too." So you did change oil huh? You must be sooooo knowledgeable in the automotive industry (that's how you must get all these numbers)

I graduated at 16, nothing to brag about. It sucked having to ask my parents (which left you and I don't blame them) to do anything because you have to be 18 on campus.

So again for the 6th time, my question. Answer it.
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #88
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

GUYS WOW!!!! Ok didn't mean for this to go this far!!! I was just upset that a seafoam rep came to my trade school, showed and demo'd the product gave out free bottles of the stuff since i had an older car, hey there might be build up I don't know. I haven't preformed the leak down test or the compression test yet. I am planning on doing that this week if I can. But when some sales rep from seafoam does this presentation and then shows you how to do it and I followed him exactly and I did not mean to pour the last of the bottle in thru the vacuum lines via the brake booster to fast when the bottle was almost empty, a mistake on my part. And again I am learned the basis of how to work on cars and engines etc.... I have been in school for 3 months I should have known better.. So I am not going to go to the dealer and say hey I messed up and put an additive in my car and now it's making knocking noise. I am going to Diag it myself with the help of my instructor.

As far as money and the car biz goes, I love cars sold them from 07-2011 I hated it so bad towards the end I couldn't deal with it anymore... people fighting over $15 on a commission slip and this person stole my customer and etc etc.. and the hours... I don't remember being at my house very much.. 60 + hour work weeks.. "steeling" from a customer when they buy a car... Well ok I get everyones point but, car dealers are not charity's nor are grocery stores or places like macy's or any business that sells something, there is mark up in EVERYTHING... Everyone hates on the car dealers cause well its pretty bad... and as far as people complaining that a tech is there to rip you off, A. thats your fault, B well he's doing his job based off the miles on the car. and what the manufacture says to do... So really think about it, commission, flat rate, hourly.. How do they get paid??? By the profit of the product they are selling... no one realizes that everything including a a box of cookies has profit built into it...

If you don't like it. Move to the middle of the woods and live off the land and then see how things are...
WJEEPSMASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #89
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

Shockracer which Jeep dealer got you? I worked for 2 of them in the Denver area both the same company and know all of them from Ft Collins to Colorado Springs...
WJEEPSMASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #90
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJEEPSMASS View Post
Shockracer which Jeep dealer got you? I worked for 2 of them in the Denver area both the same company and know all of them from Ft Collins to Colorado Springs...
Johnson's :cough:
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.